4 egg whites
1 tsp (1/6oz) vanilla essence
1 tsp (1/6oz) lemon juice
1/4 tsp (1/24oz) salt
1 cup (8oz) granulated sugar
1 cup (8oz) whipped cream
2 large kiwifruit
1 cup (8oz) fresh strawberries
1 medium-size passionfruit
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Draw a circle with a diameter of 23cm (9in)on the foil-lined bottom of the sheet.
Beat the egg whites at low speed. Add the vanilla essence, the lemon juice, and two pinches
- Beat at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in the granulated sugar until stiff, glossy peaks form.
- Grease a baking sheet. Spoon the beat mixture into the center of the marked circle, piling it a bit higher around the edge.
Bake in preheated oven at 120C (250F) for 70-90 minutes until crisp on outside and firm to the touch.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool with door propped open.
Slice the fruit and place them in a small bowl. Cut the passion fuit in half and pour its juice onto the fruit slices.
- Spread the whipped cream in centre of shell and top with the fruit slices.
Chill until serving time.