100 cc. water
1/2 tsp. Salt
150 g (5 1/4 oz) Butter
125 g ( 4 1/2 oz) All-Purpose Flour
100 cc. Milk
For the filling:
2 cups (500ml) Milk
10 oz. (300ml) Vanilla pudding mix
1 cup (250ml) Heavy cream
- Heat water, milk, and butter in a saucepan with medium heat. When butter is melted, add flour and salt to the milk mixture, turn heat to low. Keep stirring with large spoon for about 5 minutes, to cook the flour. Be careful not to burn dough. Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the dough to large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs one by one, mixing well after each addition with an electric mixer.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use 2 spoons to form small dough balls (about 1-1/2 tablespoons each) and place dough on baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the pastries are puffed completely. If they are under cooked, they will deflate. Let the pastries cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Mix vanilla pudding mix, milk, heavy cream until pudding is set. Add rum as desired as you are mixing the pudding. Refrigerate pudding for 15 minutes.
- Punch a small hole on the bottom of each puff pastry using a small tip of a piping bag. Transfer pudding to a piping bag then squeeze a small amount of pudding into each puff pastry through the hole.
- This dessert can be served at room temperature or cold.
Tips: To make this dessert looks fancy, dip the top of each pastry into ganache and put 2 sliced almonds on top of it.
This is the best dessert especially if the filling is mixed with a little rum or kahlua.
Recipe courtesy of Indokitchen.com