2 tsp. oil
2 tsp. chopped ginger
1.5 T crushed garlic
150 g shallots
500 g ripe tomatoes
75 ml bagoong isda (anchovy sauce), strained
150 g okra
150 g small ampalaya (bittermelon), quartered
300 g eggplants, sliced
- Heat the oil in a casserole and saute the ginger, garlic, shallots, and tomatoes until the liquid has completely reduced.
- Add anchovy sauce. From this point on do not stir.
- Continue to simmer until the sauce is thick.
- Then add the okra, bittermelon, and eggplant.
- Cover the casserole and cook for 5 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of foodlover.ph