The data analytics team of Saint-Gobain's North American R&D center supports the different businesses of the company in their efforts related to new product development, business intelligence improvement (CRM data, supply chain, logistics) and manufacturing processes transition toward smart manufacturing. The team works with cloud IaaS and PaaS (Apache Hadoop Platform) provided by Saint-Gobain central services or businesses.
Saint-Gobain's North American R&D center is looking for a data scientist to grow its data analytics team. Under the supervision and with the support of his/her manager the VIE main tasks include:
* Scoping details of ongoing and new projects through interactions with internal customers.
* Cleaning and manipulating data, and employing sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods to generate valuable insight.
* Creating algorithm workflows for data from our factories using our Hadoop cluster.
* Presenting results from rigorous technical analyses in a clear and actionable way to project stakeholders and management.
* Summarizing project approach and results in concise and accurate technical memos.
* Conducting project using a semi-formal project management approach.
We are looking for someone with a Master's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics/statistics, or Econometrics.
The wide range of interlocutors in this position require an ability to easily communicate and develop relation ships as well as a strong team spirit and independance.
Furthermore, if you know how to code with Python, R or Matlab and have a first experience of data analysis in an industrial environnment, this position is made for you.
Please be aware that the VIE is a French government program open only to citizens of the European Economic Area* under 28 years of age.
For more information concerning the V.I.E. program please visit wxx.xxxxxxx.xxx.
*28 Member States of the European Union including Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein and Monaco
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain Research (SGR) North America in one of Saint-Gobain's largest industrial research laboratories. The center is home to more than 400 employees working at the leading edge of innovation on mutlidisciplinary industrial research, preparing the future by designing tomorrow's products and processes across an amazing variety of markets and technical disciplines. Since 1985, SGR North America has been supporting existing businesses, developing future businesses, and nurturing talent. <div class="col-md-4 col-md-offset-1 col-sm-4 will-animate