Who We Are
(COMPANY NAME) is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
(COMPANY NAME) Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
(COMPANY NAME) has put sustainability at the heart of its business strategy and as well as integrating ESG into its risk, financing and investment policies is actively supporting its clients in their own sustainability journey with an extensive suite of sustainable finance solutions ranging from funding to supply chain management and voluntary carbon offset.
RISK is a fully independent function whose mission is to advise the bank's top management on risk appetite, to provide fast and reliable information about the risk profile, to offer high quality risk measurement/quantification and risk management expertise to the group's stakeholders as well as to foster risk anticipation.
RISK Global Markets ("RISK GM") is responsible for the monitoring of market, liquidity and counterparty risks of the (COMPANY NAME) Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) perimeter. RISK GM helps the Group senior management, the RISK Function and Global Markets to make the best choices by anticipating on events and finding the right balance between profitability and long term protection of the Bank. RISK GM is organised into 3 streams (Market Risk, Counterparty and Financing Risk, Transaction and Electronic Trading), present in 14 locations across Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC) and Americas.
* To proactively identify, analyse and review market and counterparty risk exposures
* To actively contribute to the definition of official market and counterparty risk policies
* To acquire a solid understanding of a wide range of complex transactions across all types of asset classes (Credit, Interest rate, FX, Repo, Equity, Commodity)
* To contribute to the valuation process and the valuation risk monitoring
* To gain awareness and participate in the Bank's transversal strategic projects
* Required to demonstrate and apply the listed skills and competences at novice level at least
* A minimum of a 2:1 bachelors degree in technical discipline such as Engineering, Financial Engineering, Finance, Maths, Sciences, Economics, Econometrics or related discipline
* Proficiency with MS Office Tools, and an interest in developing practical solutions to data analysis problems by using more advanced solutions (R/Python)
* Some familiarity with financial products is an advantage (bond pricing, definition of Greeks (Delta/Vega/Gamma), concepts of option pricing) and is preferred
* Exposure to banking regulation issues is an advantage but not a requirement.
* Proficient written & oral communication
* Motivation and ability to work collaboratively as part of a global team,
* Curiosity and ability to learn quickly and being results driven
* Capacity for critical thinking & express good judgement and a sense of responsibility
Opening Date: 1st September 2021
Closing Date: 1st November 2021
Primary Location: GB-LondonJob Type: Graduate / AnalystJob: Other Reference