Who we are
(COMPANY NAME) Global Markets provides cross-asset investment, hedging, financing, research and market intelligence to corporate and institutional clients, as well as private and retail banking networks. Global Markets' sustainable, long term business model seamlessly connects clients to capital markets throughout 38 markets in EMEA, Asia Pacific and the Americas, with innovative solutions and digital platforms. Through Global Markets, clients can access a full universe of opportunities in equity derivatives, foreign exchange and local markets, commodity derivatives, rates, primary and credit markets and prime solutions and financing.
The Graduate Program is designed to provide you with first-class training and immediate responsibility. You will participate in a 3 week induction before moving into a full-time role in one of our quant teams. As a graduate you will have access to a number of workshops, in-house training and networking events. You will also be assigned a mentor to help you with your career development.
BNPP is a leading bank in Sustainable Finance and Global Markets contributes to the group across its financing, investing, hedging and servicing activities, bridging investors needs and issuers ESG needs.
Integrating Sustainable Finance into our strategic dialogue with our clients has become a key pillar of GM strategy, well aligned with the rest of CIB.
Our objective is to embed Sustainable Finance in the normal course of business, and every employee will be expected to contribute to their team or desk efforts to promote and develop ESG products and sustainable finance solutions during their rotations.
The e-FIC Team carries out quantitative research in electronic trading of Fixed Income and Currency (FX) products. Its aim is to provide fully automated solutions for market making.
You will be required to complete one of the following rotations:
Rotation 1: You will spend 6 months with the e-FIC Team and 6 months with the Compute Team.
Rotation 2: You will spend 4 months with eRates, 4 months with eFX and 4 months with eCredit.
What you will do
Your role will include:
- Design and develop algorithmic pricing, quoting, risk management and execution tools to help automate BNPP's FIC market making activities.
- Conduct research and analysis using historical datasets to develop models behind the automation tools
- Interact with Trading, Sales and IT to ensure a timely delivery of projects to all interested parties' standards
- Continuously improve existing models to adapt to an ever changing market landscape
- Provide technical guidance and support to the e-trading quant teams
- Design and maintain core modular components of the framework used by the e-teams to construct high-performance cross-asset market applications
- Investigate the use of new/experimental technologies to improve the group's workflow and products
Technical Skills and Qualifications required for the role
- A minimum of a Masters or PhD in a quantitative subject such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Quantitative Finance or Engineering
- Excellent programming skills (C++, Python, Java, R or other equivalent)
- Data manipulation and database experience
- Interest in financial markets, economics and quantitative finance
- Experience of electronic markets, models and arbitrage strategies is not a prerequisite but a strong plus
- Delivery driven mind-set
- Strong interpersonal skills and proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Strong organisational skills
- Team Player
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Opening Date: 1st September 2020
Closing Date: 1st November 2020
Primary Location: GB-LondonJob Type: Graduate / AnalystJob: Quant Reference