Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC, a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist, has over a 90-year history of providing integrated solutions to the (re)insurance industry. With circa 2,900 professionals in more than 60 offices around the world, Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help our clients achieve profitable growth. As our clients' most trusted and valuable reinsurance broker and strategic advisor, we leverage our intellectual capital to anticipate and solve a range of emerging strategic business challenges and opportunities. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit wxx.xxxxxxxxxxxx.xxm for more information.
Our Graduate programme provides an exciting, unique and accelerated foundation to your career in Guy Carpenter. The programme is both challenging and rewarding in equal measure. You will learn through a combination of structured learning sessions, and on the job training delivered through formalised rotations within a number of our broking teams. You will also gain exposure to both the Analytics and Strategic advisory functions, enabling you to experience and gain insight into all areas of the business. During the 2year programme you will also work towards achieving a professional insurance qualification (CII), enabling you to gain a broad insight into the industry. You will receive funding and support from the organisation to enable you to achieve this.
This programme will primarily focus on the Broking side of the business, and will run for up to 2 years.
Our objective is to recruit a group of top quality and diverse graduates that will benefit from this unique, challenging and totally rewarding experience. This experience will set really strong foundations for your career in Guy Carpenter going forward.
* Develop a thorough understanding of insurance and reinsurance markets.
* Build and develop strong client and insurance/reinsurance market contacts.
* Support client teams, including (but not limited to) data verification, slip drafting and placement process reporting.
* Analyse client data and requirements, as well as presenting risk management solutions.
* Prepare proposal components and presentations alongside senior colleagues ahead of client meetings.
* Strong academic records-UK 2.1 degree or above.
* Evidence of strong numeric ability.
* Strong verbal and writing skills.
* Superior organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise work when deadlines are tight.
* Strong interpersonal skills for establishing and developing constructive stakeholder relationships both internally and externally.
* Exceptional problem solving skills and strong business acumen alongside a natural affinity with numbers and finance.
* Ability to adapt and be flexible to the changing demands of the business.
* Ability to work with a wide range of technology from internal databases to Microsoft office (Excel, word and PowerPoint.)
* A driven self-starter with Intellectual curiosity.
* Confident and rounded with a diverse set of interests outside of your university studies.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers