Marsh is the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Job Title: Marsh Graduate Programme 2021
About the Programme
Our Graduate Development Programme provides you with an accelerated foundation to your career. There are 3 core components to the programme:
* On the job learning and training
* Professional Skills Development Programme
* Level 6 Senior Insurance Professional Apprenticeship Qualification
The above may sound a lot! That is why from the beginning of the programme, you will have a strong support system in place. All graduates are provided with a buddy, a mentor and a coach to guide them through the qualification as well as ongoing support from the Early Careers team and their manager.
What do we value?
* On track to receive a 2:1
* In order to apply, candidates must be eligible to work in the UK or Republic of Ireland
* No Visa sponsorship
* Strong business acumen and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in teams and cultivate relationships.
* Adaptability and learning agility.
* Language and coding skills are also desirable but not essential.
What is a typical 'Day in the Life' of a Marsh Graduate
There are three primary areas we recruit into:
* Client Executive
Within broking you could be working within a specialty team to understand all the risks associated with a particular sector and then working with a team to broker a deal.
As a Client Executive you'll be liaising with your clients and understanding their business, the risks and what value looks like for them. You'll then be in a position to advise on the best course of action for their risk management and work with the broking teams to make this happen.
Working on projects means that you will gain exposure across multiple lines of insurance both internally and externally, allowing you to build an extensive network of talented professionals.
Within these roles, you would be placed within one of the following business areas:
* Marsh Commercial
What's in it for you?
* Company with a strong brand and strong results to match
* Culture-collaboration, values, 'people business'
* Employee Resource Groups which promote the many background and perspectives of our colleagues
* Volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
* Benefits e.g. competitive salary, pension and holidays
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive. Learn more about our foundational values, mission and vision for the future by reviewing our Greater Good Policy.
Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: (COMPANY NAME)) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company's 76,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit mxx.xxm, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @mmc_global or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers