We are Mercer - a global consulting leader in health, wealth and career. Mercer has more than 25,000 employees based in 44 countries, and the firm operates in over 130 countries. At Mercer, we believe in building brighter futures. Together, we are redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. For more than 70 years, we have been providing trusted advice and solutions to build healthier and more sustainable futures for our clients, colleagues and communities.
Job Title: Mercer Wealth Graduate Programme 2021 - Belfast
About the Programme
We are currently looking for a talented and ambitious Graduate Retirement Analyst to join our Wealth Analytical Services team in Belfast. This is an opportunity to join an established centre of excellence, specialising in a wide range of retirement solutions, providing technical expertise and support to our European Retirement markets.
We are looking for strong team players with excellent communication skills, business acumen, alongside the core technical skills. This is an opportunity to fulfil a fundamental role in providing pension solutions across our wide range of services. We tailor the range of services to support and develop an individual's skills now and into the future.
* Exceptional training and development opportunities
* Challenging yet friendly and diverse work environment
* Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits
* We will fund a number of different professional study pathways including the Actuarial & Certified Actuarial Analyst CAA exams, and other relevant personal and professional exams
* Exposure to a wide range of services with an abundance of career enhancing opportunities
* Flexible working arrangements to enable employees to balance work and home life
What do we value?
* On track to receive a 2:1 in a numerical or semi-numerical degree
* In order to apply, candidates must be eligible to work in the UK or Republic of Ireland
* No Visa sponsorship
* An interest in financial markets and an understanding of how UK pension schemes operate
* Willingness to complete relevant professional qualifications
* Self-motivated, eagerness to learn and to keep up to date with the respective industry trends and market conditions
* Ability to work as part of a team and within a collaborative environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Exceptional attention to detail ensuring quality and delivery in line with deadlines
* Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong IT skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft office, in particular Excel
What is a typical 'Day in the Life' of a Mercer Graduate
* Working as part of a team on complex defined benefit modelling using advanced actuarial skills and techniques, specialising in complex UK and European pension solutions
* Provide detailed analysis of pension membership data, preparation of valuation data and data reconciliation
* Contribute to continuous improvement by creating new ways of working through process design, implementation and optimisation
* Develop expertise in excel, VBA and Mercer in house technology enabling high quality IT and product solution development
* Working in partnership and developing relationships with internal teams to deliver a streamlined service to other lines of business within Mercer
* Managing workload across multiple services with a focus on agility, allowing scalability and adaptability in the services and solutions we provide
What's in it for you?
* Company with a strong brand and strong results to match
* Culture-collaboration, values, 'people business'
* Employee Resource Groups which promote the many background and perspectives of our colleagues
* Volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
* Benefits e.g. competitive salary, pension and holidays
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive. Learn more about our foundational values, mission and vision for the future by reviewing our Greater Good Policy.
Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: (COMPANY NAME)) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company's 76,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit mxx.xxm, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @mmc_global or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers