We offer you an 18-month rotation programme, starting with the Investment Risk team. During this programme you will also be given the opportunity to work with and on different investment teams, thereby allowing you to develop your technical and business know-how to gain first-hand exposure to portfolio management. The programme is run in Geneva, with the chance of rotation at different Pictet AM locations.
The Investment Risk team consists of 35 professionals responsible for managing risk and performance as the first line of defence at PAM. The team oversees a broad set of investment strategies covering Fixed income, Equity, Multi-Asset, Quantitative, Indexed and Total Return strategies. Investment Risk partners with investment teams and has the task of protecting and improving PAM's investment edge, preserving client interests and spreading a risk culture across PAM. We have strong values to support our mission, namely independence, excellence, focus, innovation and teamwork.
Our graduate programmes are intended for young postgraduates with degrees from top universities. As a participant in our programme, you will not only develop the technical and interpersonal skills needed in your future career at Pictet but also be given the opportunity to build a network of peers within the company.
At the end of the programme you will be ready to take full ownership of a position in the Investment Risk team at Pictet AM, with a good overview of the needs of investment teams. Your role will be to monitor and analyse multi-asset strategies from a performance and risk perspective and to take part in new initiatives to innovate on this front.
As the chosen graduate you will show energy and enthusiasm in your approach to your work. You will also be eager to learn, demonstrate a keen interest in finance and contribute by applying the new approaches and technologies you have just learnt in your studies.
* Master's degree in Economics, Finance or Sciences (Physics or Mathematics), or a qualification deemed equivalent.
* Strong communication skills.
* An enquiring mind as well as an ability to innovate and be a strong team player.
* Excellent analytical skills with a high regard for detail and quality.
* In-depth knowledge of SQL or MYSQL databases.
* Good software development skills in Python would be a plus.
* Sound knowledge of visualisation tools (Tableau) would be a plus.
* Fluent in English and French.
* Residence in Switzerland required.
We will not accept any CVs via agencies