Location: Leuven, Belgium
(COMPANY NAME) people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 2xxx0 km, 3xxx0 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
(COMPANY NAME) Alenia Space Belgium is an expert in several high-technology fields. Indeed, (COMPANY NAME) Alenia Space Belgium is the Belgian front-runner in space electronics applications for satellites and launchers, the world leader in power conditioning and distribution for satellites and the principal supplier of electronics for Ariane 5. (COMPANY NAME) Alenias Space Belgium, is a company located on 3 sites, one in Charleroi, one in Leuven and the other one in Hasselt (Satellite Photovoltaïc Assembly). We offer you the opportunity to work in a company universally renowned for the quality of its products, an attractive and a state-of-the-art technologic activity field, and evolution opportunities within a company in constant growth.
For our Engineering department, we are currently looking for a
Technical manager: Power & Analogue Electronics
Within a project / product team, you will be required, in the context of on-board space satellite applications, to ensure the coordination of all technical activities occurring during the entire life cycle of a new equipment.
You will be responsible of the equipment at technical point of view, working in close collaboration with the Project Manager, the Quality Assurance Manager and with the support of technical experts.
* Manage all the technical aspects of projects from proposal to the delivery of the product
* Be the technical interface with the customer
* Verify the compliance to the electrical requirements
* Verify electrical schematics and the equipment behavior through Spice simulations
* Perform design robustness analyzes (Worst Case analysis, Failure Mode and effect analysis, Part stress analysis,…)
* Write and/or validate design justifications and various descriptive documents
* Define breadboard perimeters
* Write and/or validate Test specifications, analyse and interpret test results
* Coordinate technical investigations when the test results are not compliant to the requirements and perform analyzes to solve them.
* Contribute to all internal project reviews within the company, and external reviews with the customers
* Estimate the duration and costs of the technical activities and coordinate the technical team
* Master in Electronics / Electricity Engineering
* Thorough knowledge of design of power, analog and digital functions
* Power converters topologies (buck, boost, flyback…)
* Analog electronics (opamps, resistors, capacitors, inductors; bipolar transistors…)
* Digital electronics (HCMOS family, PWM drivers…)
* Excellent knowledge of discrete design techniques (transistor level)
* Excellent knowledge of regulation loops, stability, rejection, efficiency, etc…
* Excellent knowledge of EMC aspects
* Excellent knowledge of design robustness analysis (worst case, part stress, failure mode)
* Good experience in an electronic lab environment
* Knowledge of electrical security rules (BA5)
* Autonomous, ability to prioritize a workload, rigorous and inventive.
* Excellent interpersonal skills (leadership, sound judgment, synthesis, federation, organization)
* Proven solving skills and decision oriented
* Respect budget, planning and able to work to deadlines
* Good knowledge of English, both spoken and written
* Knowledge ofMicroCap 10 and Simetrix/Simplis simulators
* Previous working experience in the space or aeronautical field
* Familiar with Agile method and Scrum framework
* Knowledge of Dutch and/or French
* Mobility between Leuven and Charleroi.
At (COMPANY NAME) we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With (COMPANY NAME) employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now