Requisition ID: 2xxxx8
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
(COMPANY NAME) started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
(COMPANY NAME) values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
(COMPANY NAME) is revolutionizing the Database as a Service (DBaaS) industry with our groundbreaking (COMPANY NAME) HANA Cloud and (COMPANY NAME) HANA Relational Data Lake services. Our customers experience ultimate intelligence with a single gateway to all their trusted data in real-time, no matter where it sits. (COMPANY NAME) HANA Cloud and (COMPANY NAME) HANA Relational Data Lake bring the power and performance of (COMPANY NAME) data management to the cloud. Our customers can manage their data storage, governance, and reporting all within a single cloud solution, and benefit from cloud qualities such as high-availability, elasticity, and low total cost of ownership.
At (COMPANY NAME) Waterloo, we are proud of our work environment. We have a strong culture of teamwork and shared responsibility. We excel at coming up with new ideas and bringing them into production. Our pace is challenging and sustainable.
We're hiring talented Streaming Analytics Developers to work on (COMPANY NAME) HANA Streaming Analytics, a part of the (COMPANY NAME) HANA database portfolio that utilizes event-processing technology to process and analyze events in real-time. The product is offered standalone on-premise as a HANA database option and on the (COMPANY NAME) HANA Could Platform. It also runs on edge devices such as Raspberry Pi for IOT use cases.
As a Streaming Analytics Developer you will:
* Be an integral member of an agile development team that designs, implements, tests, documents, and maintains various modules within the (COMPANY NAME) HANA and (COMPANY NAME) Streaming Analytics database servers
* Identify areas for improvement in the current design and advocate for alternative methods to enhance the database servers
* Participate in the design and implementation of cloud (microservice) initiatives
* Provide alternative diagnostic methods to resolve problems reported internally and externally
* Develop and enhance core components of these servers in a wide variety of areas (such as the compiler, core engine, microservice, tools, and adapters)
* Help develop new technologies in the field of in-memory and distributed computing
* Participate in a shared on-call rotation
The ideal Streaming Analytics Developer will have:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with at least 1-3 years of software development experience
* Experience with Linux and Unix development
* Experience using a variety of data structures and algorithms to implement new functionality
* Knowledge of the C/C++ and Java programming languages and familiarity with database and/or operating system technologies
* Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, GO, Python, REST, and WebSocket preferable
* Working knowledge of scripting languages, build systems (such as make, ant, Piper, and Jenkins), and debugging tools (such as Visual Studio and gdb)
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At (COMPANY NAME), we help you make it your own. A career at (COMPANY NAME) can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
(COMPANY NAME)'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, (COMPANY NAME) invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Cxxxxxx.email@example.com or Cxxxxxx.firstname.lastname@example.org, APJ: Cxxxxxx.email@example.com, EMEA: Cxxxxxx@xxx.xxm).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Data Analyst, Analytics, ERP, Engineer, Developer, Data, Management, Technology, Engineering