As part of our Technology & Innovation practice , EY's software engineers are working on the next-generation financial services industry, changing the way consumers interact with banks and insurers.
We understand our clients and their need for integrated, agile teams, we are experts in the industry, and we take on new challenges as we push technology forward.
Our consultants work on the most relevant topics in the industry, such as:
* Developing real time online lending solutions
* Developing robot advisors meant to optimize savings and investments
* Enabling real time payments.
We currently have opportunities for capable, passionate professionals who enjoy a fast paced international environment, to join as Software Engineers.
As part of the Technology & Innovation team, you will work on specific projects critical to financial services current landscape, with opportunities to switch teams, as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. You will play an important part in taking EY's Technology & Innovation to the next level.
As a Software Engineer in our Financial Services Advisory practice, you will:
* Bring fresh ideas from different areas, including information retrieval, large-scale system design, data storage/processing, security, artificial intelligence, UI design and mobile development
* Use state of the art technologies to solve real problems for our customers at a massive scale
* Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve; you will own the full life-cycle of your code: you write it, you own it!
* Share your knowledge and help the team evolve towards best practices
* Work in Agile mode, in small autonomous teams with short release cycles
What are we looking for?
* Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Civil Engineering, Quantitative disciplines, etc.) or equivalent through experience
* Professional experience (between 2 - 8 years), ideally in consulting; exposure to the financial industry (banking or insurance) is a plus
* Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
* Familiarity with cloud-based and DevOps technologies and tools (CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes)
* Experience as a contributor to open source projects; contributor to GitHub and/or Stack overflow
* Fluency in French or Dutch, with excellent business English
* Strong analytical skills, conceptual thinking and pragmatic approach
* Solid communication and presentation skills
* Certifications such as Agile, Scrum, or other SDLC methodologies (covering Project management and business and functional analysis), are a plus.
What's in it for you? As a member of the EY family, you will:
* Join a leading global professional services firm
* Develop in an entrepreneurial organization which supports you to work within your areas of interest
* Benefit from extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management
* Get individual coaching and mentoring and learn from experts
* Interact with your colleagues on international level.
Our commitment to our clients and employees
We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent service. Our client-facing profession requires working at client sites and may include regular travel; however, we are committed to help you achieve a personal balance and fit with your chosen life style.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
At EY we are passionate about diversity and inclusion, and we support individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status