About (COMPANY NAME)
(COMPANY NAME) is the leading financial technology company in Latin America and the largest independent neobank in the world, with around 20 million clients. Its first product, launched in 2014, is a no-fee credit card that is fully managed by a mobile app and used by more than 10 million customers. Almost 36 million Brazilians have requested its products. In 2017, (COMPANY NAME) launched its proprietary loyalty rewards program ("(COMPANY NAME) Rewards"), as well as a digital account ("NuConta") that is already used by more than 12 million people. In 2019, the company began testing its personal loan product and took its first steps in international expansion, opening offices in Mexico and Argentina. To date, (COMPANY NAME) has raised around US$ 820 million in seven equity investment rounds from TCV, Sequoia Capital, Kaszek Ventures, Tiger Global Management, QED, Founders Fund, DST Global, Redpoint Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Dragoneer Investment Group, Thrive Capital and Tencent. Recently, (COMPANY NAME) was elected as the most innovative company in Latin America and ranked no. 36 on Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies ranking.
Our Design Team
(COMPANY NAME)'s Design team has an important role in creating amazing experiences for our users and develop incredible products to revolutionize financial services. Our team is composed of a broad range of highly skilled designers, researchers, UX writers, and creative artists. Our diverse experience in designing products used throughout the world, combined with a passion for improving the lives of our customers fuels our thirst to fulfill (COMPANY NAME)'s mission of fighting complexity to empower people.
We are strategically present in each stage of product development bringing the Design's Vision to the whole process. For example, in the beginning, we understand user's needs based on research and combine them with business opportunities. Our mission is to transform assumptions on opportunities into valid evidence based on data. We are also present in de product development, considering aspects of user experience and visual design and facilitating the interaction between areas. In the product launch, we understand how, where and when we should communicate our products and brand.
We guide our work based on our Design Principles:
* Start early: Being involved in early, strategic decisions allows rapid experimentation and innovation;
* Co-create: Understand customers and co-workers perspectives about the problem and iterate frequently;
* Go beyond: Discover the unexpected and challenge yourself and our product;
* Context: We need to think hard and connect to the context in which people are using our services;
* Humanize: Empathize with users' pains, demographics, and culture, understand their needs and emotions to create experiences that feel as natural as possible, encouraging trust and responsibility.
We believe that by building a truly global and diverse team we will keep challenging the status quo and have a lasting impact on the world. Collaboration defines what our team does and how we work. We have a group of good listeners ready to learn, co-create and have fun doing what they love (because we want to provide a great experience for our designers in the same way we build it for our customers).
Once here, you will:
* Manage, mentor and inspire a team of product designers, providing design direction and pushing high the quality of the design work;
* Establish and promote a healthy team culture that works hand in hand with cross-functional partners and design teams in other (COMPANY NAME) offices;
* Support our growth in hiring and coach new Product Designers;
* Push the boundaries of your team's UX/UI/visual execution and help (COMPANY NAME) challenge the status quo;
* Be a technical reference for the team, seeking to adapt and replicate the best practices in the market, increasing the team's bar;
* Build links with other business areas at all levels of the organization, influencing business decisions advocating for user-centered design;
* Background in Product Design (UX, UI, and Research),
* Experience in leading Design teams through successful product launches
* Experience in scaling teams (hiring and retaining designers)
* Excellent English: verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work well in a highly collaborative and cross-functional team
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
* Ability to influence prioritization in an agile environment. Adapt to shifting priorities and evolving stakeholder's needs with openness and agility.
* Health, dental and life insurances
* Meal allowance
* Transportation assistance
* 30 days of paid vacation
* Chance of earning equity at (COMPANY NAME)
* Parking partnership - discounted parking on our office
* Free bike parking with showers available
* NuCare - Our mental health and wellness assistance program
* NuLanguage - Our language learning program
* Gympass partnership
* Extended maternity and paternity Leaves
* Child care allowance
* 'Espaço Feijão'- Private nursing and breastfeeding spaces in our buildings
* Onsite Health Center - Medical support for every Nubanker in our office
Diversity and Inclusion
We build products and experiences that empower everyone to take back control over their finances, that's why we build strong and diverse teams that rise up to the challenge. We are a team of the most creative people in technology, and we hire under equal opportunity - irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or background. We are proud that over 30% of our team recognizes themselves as part of the LGBTQ+ community, and 40% of our team identify as women, in all positions and seniority levels. We are a very process-light organization that values human interactions, and that is a very important part of our culture. At Nu, everyone has the opportunity to speak up and participate, grow and share ideas