*Please submit your resume and cover letter both in english.*
This is (COMPANY NAME)
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We're creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
As a Legal Counsel at (COMPANY NAME) you will be involved in all legal matters, procedures and documents affecting (COMPANY NAME). This includes - amongst other - existing and new commercial contracts, regulatory compliance matters and data protection matters. In this capacity, we expect you to know how to stand your ground in a fast moving environment. You have a passion for our business and you would like to contribute to ensure the further growth of (COMPANY NAME).
* Be the first Legal point for contact for all LatAm-related matters and liaison with the General Legal Counsel;
* Streamlining processes and structuring tasks related to legal matters in Brazil;
* Provide legal support to account managers and sales support managers to manage both existing and new customer-relationships;
* Being on top of the regulated payments industry that (COMPANY NAME) is active in and managing any regulatory requirements
* Anticipate compliance, regulatory and data protection risks and ensure these are appropriately addressed;
* Support our HR team on labor law issues and also LGDP implementation;
* Liaise the contact with our new suppliers and support our Office Manager on the new contracts.
Your Qualifications / Experience:
* You have degree in Law;
* You have experience of working as a lawyer in or with the financial industry for at least 5 years;
* You are fluent in English and Portuguese, both written and spoken. Spanish is a plus;
* You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, allowing you to easily collaborate with everyone within (COMPANY NAME);
* You are able to work quickly, decisively and independently. You are immediately available and you like to get things done.
Who we are
(COMPANY NAME) is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, (COMPANY NAME) serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, Dafiti, 99taxis, Rappi and Spotify.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the below link. We can't wait to meet you