We are looking for a Technical Artist (f/m/d) who will be responsible for developing, supporting and documenting our art pipeline and techniques used by art, technical art and animation teams.
This is a full-time position based in Düsseldorf, Germany which requires working onsite.
* Deep knowledge of the following: Python, C# (C++, Java a plus)
* Deep knowledge of Maya and/or MotionBuilder, 3DMax (Photoshop, Substance Designer, Houdini a plus)
* Strong Knowledge of 3D engines
* Knowledge of tools used in the parametric creation of nodes
* Experience working on shipped AAA titles for consoles and/or pcs, as Senior Technical Artist.
* Perfect understanding of traditional and of physically based rendering (PBR) pipeline
* Shader writing or shader building skills
* Rigging experience is always a plus
* Familiarity with the creation of user-friendly tools/systems
* Perfect understanding of art optimization techniques
* Experience and understanding of art/animation pipelines for game engines
* A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges
* Experience in video-game production as Technical Artist (minimum 5 years)
* Great communication skills and a positive attitude
* Strong organisational skills
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
* Scripts or application examples, code samples
* Examples of rigs, visual effects, animation, procedural visualization
* Develop new and improve existing tools.
* Problem solving for key production issues.
* Recognizing inefficiencies and pipeline issues and identifies solutions.
* Guide/Coordinate Art teams on demanding tasks
* Enabling other team members to achieve tasks in an efficient & consistent manner
* Creation & maintenance of documentation for Technical Art features and tools to provide for the team.
* Developing tools & scripts for Maya, MotionBuilder, 3DMax, Photoshop, Substance Designer and other 3D/2D packages and in-house tools.
* Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
* 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
* Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
* Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
* Up to 350EUR childcare support per child per month.
* Discounted Games. We regularly order (COMPANY NAME) Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
* Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25EUR) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
* Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
* Monthly Mobility Budget. 80EUR per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
* Our (COMPANY NAME) Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
* English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
* Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and VR and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application must include your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation
For further information please check wxx.xxxxxxxx.xe and wxx.xxxxxxx.xxx.
(COMPANY NAME) Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr