You will play an important role as scientist in our Healthcare research programs by designing, planning and executing biophysical studies and providing data on molecular interactions to drug discovery projects. Specifically, within our interdisciplinary biophysical and structure biology team, you will design and perform the biophysical characterizations of recombinant target proteins with respect to binding of small molecules or antibodies and in order to enable the generation of protein-ligand complex structures. Your work includes the generation, analysis, interpretation and reporting of experimental data. You will present results to internal and cross functional project teams. Your role will also involve collaboration with various partners across all functions of our research organization. As further important part of your work you will participate in external collaborations for the support of biophysical and structural studies. You will also be involved in the assessment and implementation of novel technologies and in the evaluation of innovative drug targets.
Who You Are:
* You are holding a Ph.D. in Biophysics, Structural Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Applied Chemistry, or related field, and you have gained substantial practical lab experience in an academic, biopharmaceutical or biotechnological setting.
* You have expertise in characterizing recombinant proteins by biophysical methods and experiences with the determination of intermolecular binding affinities, thermodynamics and kinetics.
* You have solid experience in protein structure determination (e.g. by X-ray crystallography or cryo-EM, structure refinement) and computational structure analysis.
* You have strong oral and written communication skills in English and like to work in cross functional, intercultural teams. You can summarize and present scientific facts in a sound, concise and structured way.
* You have first experiences in the supervision and/or training of technical assistants or students, and you can routinely set up workplans keeping focus on project objectives and timelines.
* Research experience in the fields of oncology, immuno-oncology or immunology is advantageous
Job Requisition ID: 2xxxx0
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 8xx xxx xxx8 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday