(COMPANY NAME) Defence and Space GmbH
(COMPANY NAME) is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of EUR 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. (COMPANY NAME) offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. (COMPANY NAME) is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, (COMPANY NAME) provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Are you looking for a Final year project?
Would you like to discover the work of a Development Engineer for Embedded Systems?
Then apply now!
We look forward to you joining us at Spacecraft Equipment - Hardware and Logic Engineering within (COMPANY NAME) Defence and Space.
Start: March / April 2020
Duration: 6 months
You will write your thesis in the Engineering/Design & Development department which specialises in the development of On-board FPGA/ASIC logic and processor solutions for satellite subsystems and on-board navigation instruments.
Your exciting topic
* Analysing and understanding 5G protocol, especially lower layers (PHY and MAC)
* MATLAB 5G signal simulation chain, understanding the MATLAB 5G toolbox and merging into it (COMPANY NAME)' know-how on satellite communications and signal distortion
* Porting 5G PHY and MAC into on-board HW (Xilinx FPGA with ARM processor SoC)
* Benchmarking of 5G PHY-layer protocols
* Writing the end report
* Enrolled student (d/f/m) within Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering or similar field of study
* Experience in tools like SW Design Tools, Matlab/Simulink; LTE, 5G, Signal Processing, FFT, LDPC
* Programming Language C, C++ and/or VHDL
* Experienced and excited by new processor architecture and communication processing algorithms
* English is mandatory; French or German would be an asset
You are a good team player, have excellent communication skills, and are able to work independently.
Does this job description fit your objectives and profile? Take the next step in your career and come and join us!
How to apply:
Online via wxx.xxxx.xxxxxxxxxxx.xxm
Reference number JR1xxxxxx3
Please provide the following documents: cover letter, C.V., relevant certificates, current certificate of enrolment
You can direct your cover letter to: Martina Winkler
Should you have general questions regarding this position you can write an E-Mail to: email@example.com
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to (COMPANY NAME) using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by (COMPANY NAME).
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief