(COMPANY NAME) Defence and Space GmbH
(COMPANY NAME) is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of EUR 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. (COMPANY NAME) offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. (COMPANY NAME) is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, (COMPANY NAME) provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Are you looking for a Final year project?
Would you like to discover the work of a researcher in materials science?
Then apply now!
We look forward to you joining us at the Materials domain in the Central Research and Technology organization.
Start: April/May 2020
Duration: 6 months
You will write your thesis in the department of Materials Research and Technology and work on innovative surface engineering for green and REACh compliant corrosion protection systems.
Your exciting topic
* Identify and formalize the state of the art of anodizing processes for aluminum alloys
* Identify anodizing parameters subject to optimization
* Define a Design of the Experiment (DoE) approach
* Planning of test matrix related to DoE approach
* Conduction of electrochemistry, accelerated corrosion and mechanical tests according to the developed test matrix
* Analysis and evaluation of the results using relevant methods: metallography, surface analysis and statistical evaluation
* Providing DoE based recommendations for promising process improvements
* Enrolled student (d/f/m) within Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering with specialization in materials and processes or similar field of study
* Experience with design of the experiment (DOE) methods.
* Experience in a laboratory environment
* Experience on analytical methods such as SEM/EDX, electrochemistry or mechanical testing would be a plus.
* Advanced English skills
You are a good team player, have excellent communication skills, and are able to work independently.
Does this job description fit your objectives and profile? Take the next step in your career and come and join us!
How to apply:
Online via wxx.xxxx.xxxxxxxxxxx.xxm
Reference number JR1xxxxxx7
Please provide the following documents: cover letter, C.V., relevant certificates, current certificate of enrolment
You can direct your cover letter to: Martina Winkler
Should you have general questions regarding this position you can write an E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to (COMPANY NAME) using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by (COMPANY NAME).
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief