Requisition ID: 2xxxx4
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
(COMPANY NAME) started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
(COMPANY NAME) values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The (COMPANY NAME) Cloud Platform is a Platform as a Service (PaaS) to manage and develop applications in public and private clouds. It is based on open standards, such as Cloud Foundry (CF) and Kubernetes (K8s). It runs on different Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) layers, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and Alibaba. The CF for K8s team is the front runner team that is responsible for providing Cloud Foundry on Kubernetes.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As a developer (f/m/d) and a member of the CF for K8s team, you will be responsible for running Cloud Foundry on Kubernetes.
Working on CF for K8s contains several aspects around developing and operating the platform such as observability, scalability, install, and update processes of services and much more.
Specifically, you will:
* Work as a part of a highly motivated team and apply agile development practices like pair programming, test driven development, and continuous integration and delivery.
* Get familiar with the newest technologies and open-source projects.
* Play your part in creating the foundation for new environment
We are looking for a strong, committed, self-motivated, reliable, and analytically skilled team player.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* A good bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, or a related technical discipline.
* Curiosity to understand and learn new technologies, concepts, and tools.
* Goal-oriented team worker with good communication skills.
* Fluency in German and English.
* Knowledge on container technologies.
* First hands-on experience with Cloud Foundry or Kubernetes.
* Proficiency in working with Linux or macOS environments.
* Understanding of agile methods like test-driven development, continuous integration & delivery, committer/contributor model, and pair programming, knowledge in using Git.
* Knowledge of or ideally concrete experience in contributing to open-source products & processes with the will to adopt, use, and contribute to them.
* First experience in using, operating, and developing on top of cloud infrastructures and services therein, e.g. with Cloud Foundry, OpenStack, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
* Readiness to analyze issues on multiple layers ranging from applications and services to the operating system level in the code and at runtime.
* First experience in cloud development or cloud operation topics is beneficial.
Up to 2 years of work experience in a respective software development area. Graduates are welcome!
Your set of application documents should contain a cover letter, a resume in table form, copies of any academic degrees, and if available, references from former employers. Please describe your experience and skills in foreign languages and computer programs / programming languages.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At (COMPANY NAME), we help you make it your own.
A career at (COMPANY NAME) can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
(COMPANY NAME)'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, (COMPANY NAME) invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Cxxxxxx.email@example.com or Cxxxxxx.firstname.lastname@example.org, APJ: Cxxxxxx.email@example.com, EMEA: Cxxxxxx@xxx.xxm).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Cloud, ERP, Developer, (COMPANY NAME), Computer Science, Technology