(COMPANY NAME) makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we're constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don't believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you're in, there's no telling what will happen next.
Engineering at (COMPANY NAME) is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports (COMPANY NAME) and our customers. At (COMPANY NAME) we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focussing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Our engineers make some of the most significant decisions for the company and we are looking for bold, open and curious developers. As a Klarnaut, you'll be inspired to contribute to the growth of Europe's most highly valued fintech and your work will reach millions of users.
As a Python Software Engineer, you will be part of building the future of automated data sharing solutions in real-time and batch. You will be working within a specific problem space to handle various kinds of data generated in (COMPANY NAME) where you will design, develop, test, and deploy end-to-end services.
What you'll get to do
* Own our services end-to-end: decide how to build, test, deploy and monitor
* Collaborate and grow in a dynamic and autonomous environment while working in a small, agile and cross-functional team
* Use the latest technologies to solve real problems for our customers at a massive scale
* Be part of a team that will take full operational responsibility for the services and take part in an on-call rotation
* Share your knowledge and build creative solutions while helping the team evolve best practices
Some of the technologies you'll get to work with
* Scala (nice to have)
* ansible and terraform
We also believe in contributing back to the open-source community. You can find some of our work here https://gxxxxx.xxx/xxxxxx.
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
* A few years of software development experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages including Python
* Great problem-solving skills
* Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
* Working proficiency in English
* Willingness to learn new technologies and move between different tech stacks
What we can offer you
* Culture - You'll have an opportunity to work with talented people from 90+ different countries in our brand new English speaking offices in Berlin city center.
* Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
* Compensation - You'll receive an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, plus we offer all of our employees an opportunity to invest in an RSU program and own a stake of the company. You'll also receive 30 days annual leave and since we recognise that life is about more than work, we also offer benefits for gym memberships and discounted lunch through Smunch. We also support our working parents, so you don't have to choose between work and family.
* Relocation - We can offer relocation support to Berlin.
How to apply: please send us your CV or Linkedin profile in English
About (COMPANY NAME)
(COMPANY NAME) was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants - with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 18 different markets, hosted by +3000 people from 90 nationalities