At (COMPANY NAME), we're bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
Reporting to the Lead Artist, your role is to assist with the production of high quality 3d content for a SpatialOS game built in Unreal Engine. You will help the development team in the generation of 3d assets using a number of software types including Maya, Substance Painter and ZBrush.
This is an ideal role for candidates who are new to the games industry and looking to gain valuable experience in a professional studio, run by seasoned industry veterans. You should be open to new ideas and methodologies, keen to develop your skills in a production led environment, as well as being an individual who wants to be part of a diverse and creative team.
For a comprehensive overview of our UK Games Studio and graduate opportunities, please visit our briefing pack: http://bxx.xx/xxxxxxxxs
Areas for Impact
* You will work within a close-knit, talented creative team to produce inspiring results with rapid development cycles.
* Working as part of a small but growing team of veteran developers.
* We are building a working environment where artists flourish and collaboration is key
* You will work closely with creative leads, designers, artists and programmers to create high quality game assets, leveraging the next generation of games technology.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
* You have good 3d modeling skills, both high-resolution and game-ready.
* Demonstrable texturing skills and a preliminary understanding of shaders and their best uses.
* A fundamental understanding of how to import and set-up assets in UE4.
* An understanding of size, scale and weight of the object being modelled and the best ways to translate real-world assets to something which works in a game space.
* Core skills in one or more common content creation packages: Autodesk, Maya ,Zbrush,Substance Painter, Photoshop, Unreal Engine (UE4)
* Curious and driven to learn new skills and abilities.
* A good portfolio (or Artstation page) which demonstrates your abilities.
While we think the above experience could be important, we're keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that's why our teams at (COMPANY NAME) are made up of an incredible range of talented people. (COMPANY NAME) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that's why our teams at (COMPANY NAME) are made up of an incredible range of talented people. (COMPANY NAME) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status