Advertising End Date:
(COMPANY NAME) is a great company full of passionate, talented, and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
Role & Responsibilities
This role will be an integral part of a lean cross functional team called the Tech Consultancy. This team is responsible for early engagement with the business to help shape new ideas / products / brands and to test feasibility and identify technical scope for proposed initiatives. The team work on discovery phase to business case, scoping and outlining requirements, then handing off to existing or new teams to take forward. The consultancy provides expertise and prototyping skills to determine the art of the possible.
As a designer, you will report to the Head of UX&D, (COMPANY NAME) and work in a lean cross functional team playing a pivotal role in shaping new ideas within (COMPANY NAME) really cementing the 'why?' and recommending the 'how?'. You'll work collaboratively within a multi-disciplined team under the guidance of the Head of Tech Consultancy.
You'll have a passion for design & technology. You'll be hands-on and willing to work in a fast paced, ever-moving environment and you'll keep up-to-date with the latest trends and be acutely aware of new practices in the field.
* Build a deep knowledge of all (COMPANY NAME) digital products
* Develop the understanding of our visual brand language for existing products
* Conceptual proposals
* Cross-title and new product endeavours
* Ensure that the designs are strategically aligned with the practice of user research, analytics and testing, which are built into the product design and development life-cycle
* Ideate and create deliverable assets, scamps and interactive prototypes
* Work with the team to build prototypes where necessary to visualise products and features, for user research, stakeholder communications and for development teams.
* Work with the other disciplines within the cross functional team to define and deliver solutions for these new ideas / products
* Ensure the conceptual designs balance customer and business goals
* Champion modular design, usability and accessibility standards
* Work in a fast paced environment and enjoy concept ideation of solutions to ensure core problems are being answered
* Stay abreast of innovations in UI best practices, tools and topics of interest to the UI community and help infuse them back into the team
* A design degree or equivalent qualification
* Experience working across web, web apps and mobile.
* Experience in working in collaborative cross functional team environments would be a bonus
* Strong ideation skills from initial ideas into considered concepts
* Capable of working in a fast past environment to tight timescales
* Advanced prototyping skills to use where necessary to visualise products and features, for user research, stakeholder communications and for development teams.
* Some experience working with senior level stakeholders
* Creative and conceptual thinker able to develop innovative solutions to problems
* Strong prototyping skills; experience of one of the following - InVision, Flinto, Keynote etc.
* Ability to communicate and articulate design decisions
* Ability to respond to time constraints accordingly providing and solutionizing suitable design alternatives
* Strong presentation skills, articulating ideas clearly to the team and wider stakeholders
* Strong story-telling with every project with documentation where necessary
* Previous experience or an interest in news and publishing would be an advantage
* Work collaboratively in a small cross functional team
* Part of the wider UX&D team
* Be receptive and willing to learn from senior team members and Head of UX&D, (COMPANY NAME) within the wider team with the goal of advancing up the career path