Job Title: Product Operations Manager
Location: Cannon Street, London
Closing Date: 18 November 2020
We're in the business of delivering awesome meals into everyone's home or office - fast.
We achieve this by building and running a superb website, suite of mobile apps, a complex logistical platform, a fleet of passionate drivers, and a global operation, all to help bring great food from the world's best-loved local restaurants to consumers with an unparalleled level of convenience. We don't want people to have to suffer with bad takeaway delivered an age after they order.
In the Product Operations Manager role, you'll help (COMPANY NAME) to bridge the gap between tech and the wider org. Sitting within one of our core product groups, the Product Operations Manager will work closely with the relevant product teams and cross-functional stakeholders to surface, prioritise, test, roll-out and iterate on new product features. This role is vital in supporting growth, successful product launches, improving efficiencies and helping to build stronger relationships between product and the wider business.
This is a great opportunity to work with a diverse set of teams in a fast-changing environment and is integral to driving success as we grow. This position is located in London and reports into the Senior Product Operations Manager.
What you'll do:
* Work with the local markets and other teams functional teams outside of the tech org to help identify and understand key problems and opportunities
* Advise respective product team on the global feasibility of products being worked on
* Surface and advocate for key insights from the business to inform product improvement
* Manage pre-kickoff preparations, project kickoffs, project plans and project communications throughout the lifetime of the project so everyone is aware
* Ensure functional stakeholders (legal, comms, finance etc) are aligned on key objectives for the product / project
* Manage the implementation by building roll-out plans, establishing go-live criteria and defining roles and responsibilities for each stage and task of the roll-out.
* Communicate project status and progress to the wider business and senior leaders.
* Identify key problem areas and/or geographies impacted by the product post-launch
* Anticipate bottlenecks, explore contingencies and provide escalation management.
* Identify the most effective communication channels and ways of working between your product group and the wider org.
* Maintain regular communications with key stakeholders across the org - be the 'go to person' in the relevant Product Group for the wider business.
* Identify where the product roll-out process could be improved, and make sure those changes are carried out across product and engineering, the wider business and the end user.
* Collaborate with product teams and wider org to manage quarterly / annual planning by coordinating key product asks, identifying opportunity and problems.
What we're looking for:
This is an exciting role for an experienced project manager with a passion for successfully delivering large, cross-team projects. You are all about attention to detail, great stakeholder management, taking charge and reliability.
* 5+ yrs relevant experience in Project Management
* Experience leading a team or cross functional projects
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to hold each party responsible for their actions
* Technical understanding and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
* Demonstrated stakeholder management skills
* Ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
* Experience working with product and engineering teams is preferred
Why (COMPANY NAME)?
When you first think about (COMPANY NAME), you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right?
But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 (COMPANY NAME) was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. (COMPANY NAME) came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits and Diversity
At (COMPANY NAME) we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space