Working within the OGC (Oil, Gas and Chemicals) service sector, as Laboratory Operations Manager you'll be responsible for managing effective assignment and deployment of motivated and competent personnel capable of executing allocated works to the highest standards of service, quality and safe delivery.
You'll ensure full compliance with client specific instructions/ protocols and adherence to relevant Industry Standards (API/ ASTM/ ISO/ EI), best practice and defined (COMPANY NAME) procedures and protocols, and lead service delivery with full regard for related execution costs to ensure profitability of business activities and as a minimum the attainment of annual Rev and L/C targets.
You'll have responsibility for location cost centre P&L's, business growth, customer care and staff development and in conjunction with the UK OGC Management and Sales Team, identify and develop new business opportunities and relationships whilst maintaining existing mature customer portfolio.
* Lead location interdepartmental liaison, supporting and interfacing effectively to ensure timely execution, reporting and billing of works.
* Comply fully and where applicable relay and ensure understanding/ implementation of all valid issued requests and instructions as received ex/internally.
* Coach and develop local team to enable attainment of defined objectives to include: effective business planning, efficient and appropriate use of resources/facilities, to ensure appropriate operational capacity and capability to deliver and execute activities.
* Develop and maintain a lean and accountable local structure that encourages employees to take ownership of business goals at appropriate levels, with the flexibility and capability to react positively to changing customer requirements and growth opportunities.
* Maintain an awareness of local market trends/developments to ensure that new business avenues are fully explored and where applicable local capability enhanced/ extended to deliver same.
To be successful in this role, you'll need Commercial or Technical experience in a leadership role within the OGC (Oil, Gas and Chemicals) / supply chain sector, leading and motivating effective operational teams to achieve objectives and targets.
You'll have effectively managed a budgetary / cost control mechanisms appropriate to the needs of the business to ensure commercial targets are met.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree or have a technical qualification in Engineering, Science or Business discipline.
You'll also need a full, current driving licence for use in the UK.
In addition to the above you'll also need to demonstrate the following;
* Effective interpersonal skills, able to develop positive working relationships at all levels, both with (COMPANY NAME) colleagues and external clients/ partners.
* Can identify and capitalise on business development opportunities to include potential/ new/ existing clients to encompass all OGC services and options for bolt on business.
* Effective communication skills, verbal, written and presentation to include technical subject matter.
* Knowledge of current and future strategic OGC service offerings.
* Service delivery, client satisfaction and contract execution.
* Competent in use of MS packages.
The following attributes would be desirable, but not essential;
* Formal audit, supervisory or management qualification.
* IFIA certification.
* Project management and delivery experience.
* Track record of developing new business and maintaining effective customer relationships.
* Sound working knowledge of business activities within (COMPANY NAME) UK.
* International, legislative and regulatory procedures governing the UK OGC sector.
As Laboratory Operations Manager, you'll receive a competitive salary which will be determined by experience level, a company car, plus you'll benefit from a 20% performance bonus, retail discount scheme, private health cover, a contributory pension scheme and life cover.
* Job Title: Laboratory Operations Manager
* Job Type: Permanent
* Hours: 37.5 per week
* Job Location: Ellesmere Port
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days.
Videos To Watch