Who are we ?
Quality Control Supervisor - Saint-Gobain Weber - Flitwick, Bedfordshire.
Weber are part of Saint-Gobain - Winners of 'TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' four years running! (2xxx-xxx9) and Weber are Winners of the Best Healthcare and Wellbeing Benefits (Small Employer category) Employee Benefit Awards (2019.)
Weber is the UK's leading manufacturer of innovative and high-performance construction mortars such as renders, tile fixing products, floor screeds and technical mortars.
At Weber, we believe what matters most is 'We Care' which is to care about People and their environment, wellbeing and everything else that matters. We are proud of our family feel culture where we are all responsible for success and driving continuous improvement.
At our manufacturing plant in Flitwick, Bedfordshire, you'll join a friendly and supportive company which will provide you with everything you need to progress in your chosen career. You'll be joining an ambitious and hardworking team that is known for identifying issues and providing valid data to other departments in order to improve product quality, and improving working practices within the Laboratory.
Your role as Quality Control Supervisor is to manage your team, to be ambitious, enjoy getting stuck in and be able to work under pressure with a high level of accuracy and adheres to company procedures.
At Saint-Gobain, we hire people who have five key qualities, known as our 'Attitudes':
* Passion for cultivating customer intimacy and building relationships
* Agility when dealing with problems and issues
* Open and encouraging nature and can steer focus towards customer expectations
* Entrepreneurial when working on projects and new initiatives
* Innovative and able to generate ideas for building on what we've developed so far
As Quality Control Supervisor you will be helping the two shift teams, and working cross-functionally to provide the highest levels of service to the business, and ultimately to our customers.
What you'll be doing in this role:
* Take personal responsibility for own and team/environment safety, promoting safe working practices in all areas within the business and supply chain to keep everyone healthy and safe. If It Is Not Safe, It Is Not Weber.
* Lead, motivate and develop the QC team so that they are capable and inspired to deliver their contribution to Saint-Gobain Weber Quality and business wide strategies.
* Lead the activities for the physical identification/control and stock booking of Non-Conforming Product. Ensuring all equipment is calibrated and in working order. Taking appropriate actions in case of abnormalities of equipment, raw material and product.
* Understanding and evaluating risks when raw materials, processes & equipment are introduced or modified.
* Work with the warehouse and plant teams to ensure product (raw material & finished goods) is tested according to QC Procedures, QC methods and specifications and any issues raised with the relevant department.
* Assist with providing data and testing resource contributing to problem solving activities ensuring effective elimination of issues, waste and risks within the plant.
Testing non-conforming product returns from customer / site / production.
* Support all departments by identifying areas of waste for both product and process to ensure optimum outputs/delivery.
* Have an appreciation of the management systems within the business to ensure growth and to provide a framework to acquire new accreditations as required by the business.
Update and create new documentation where required.
In addition to the Saint-Gobain Attitudes mentioned above, suitability for the role is key. In order to be successful in this role, you should have:
* A HND / Degree (within a Science discipline preferred)
* Laboratory, Supervisory, Production and SAP experience.
Who are Saint-Gobain?
Saint-Gobain was founded in 1665 to deliver a world first - the production of glass on an industrial scale we have continued to adapt and grow through providing innovate ideas, services and products to our customers. 350 years later we have a presence in 67 countries and employs 170,000 people worldwide. The UK & Ireland is home to over 30 of our well-known and respected businesses within the construction sector including: British Gypsum, Jewson, Weber, Graham and Glassolutions.
You are applying to work with Weber, this is one of 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that operate within UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
Our ambition as a business:
At Saint-Gobain, our goal is to 'Create great living places and improve people's daily life'. We design, manufacture and distribute materials and solutions, which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including:
* Competitive Salary
* Excellent Retirement Savings Plan with additional Life Cover
* Employee Recognition Scheme - Recognise & Reward
* Learning & development opportunities via our online portal from day one.
* Wellbeing programme including on site Gym at Flitwick (temporarily closed), or financial support for Gym membership for colleagues based at Telford or Northern Ireland and Flu vaccination support, online health goal support and Employee Assistance Helpline.
* 33 days' holiday (including bank holidays), rising to 34 days at five years' service.
* Staff discounts on all UK Saint-Gobain brands such as Jewson, British Gypsum, Gibbs & Dandy, Graham, Adfors, Artex, Bassetts, Benchmark, Blackpool Power Tools, Build Aviator, Caldors & Grandidge, Celotex, Chadwicks, CTD, Ecophon, Formula, Frazer, George Boyd, Glassolutions, Ideal Bathrooms, International Decorative Surfaces, International Timber, Isover, JP Corry, LECA, Minster, Norton, PAM, Pasquill, Pritex, Rencol, Roofspace, Scotframe, Vetrotech, and of course WEBER !
* Share Schemes
* Subsidized dining facilities at Flitwick (temporarily closed)
* Discounts on high street, health and wellbeing products, leisure activities and various other benefits e.g. car leasing scheme.
If you're up for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you!
SAINT-GOBAIN ENCOURAGE AND WELCOME DIVERSE APPLICATIONS AND ARE COMMITED TO SUCCESS THROUGH OUR DIVERSE COLLEAGUE COMMUNITY. We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of ethnicity, colour, race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, taste in music, fashion sense or any other characteristic that makes you unique. If you have a disability or special need that requires support or adjustments to working or interview arrangements, please let us know.
On occasion we need to close advertisements earlier than expected, we therefore strongly encourage you to make your application promptly to avoid disappointment.
AGENCY? Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV's/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so. Saint-Gobain accepts no responsibility for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GDPR - You will find information on our privacy notice here: http://wxx.xxxxx-xxxxxx.xx.xx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ <div class="col-md-4 col-md-offset-1 col-sm-4 will-animate