EF International Language School in Manchester is recruiting EFL teachers. You will teach General English as well as a variety of English for Specific Purpose classes. As well as English classes, we have dedicated activities and leisure facilities for our students. Students study at the school from a few weeks to a full academic year, during which time they either stay in the student residence or in host families situated throughout the city. The school is an exciting place to work with a great team and opportunities for staff to develop their skills and experience in the growing world of EFL and EAP.
For the majority of our students, lessons are taught to multilingual groups of all levels. Classes include General English and student electives such as Communication Skills, Business English, Grammar, Pronunciation, and Exam Training (Cambridge ESOL, IELTS, and TOEFL). We have our own tried and tested course books which make use of modern EFL approaches such as Guided Discovery and Task-based Learning, and we also encourage teacher creativity. Teachers can also take part in our activity schedule and earn extra money by doing so.
What do we offer?
* Working at the largest EF British Council accredited school
* teaching using the newest technology (iPads, projectors, computers)
* Continuous professional development
* Observations as part of professional development
* Opportunities for self-development
What do we expect?
* min CELTA and an undergraduate degree
* professional experience
* passion to teach and learn more
* teachers keen on further development through seminars, workshops and observations
* positive attitude and bubbly personality
* eagerness to use the newest technology in classroom
* a Team Player
* Applicants must have either the Trinity CertTESOL or the Cambridge CELTA, together with a University Degree. The DELTA or equivalent is also highly desirable.
* Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
* Newly-qualified teachers are also welcome to apply.
* All appointments are subject to a successful DBS, reference and right to work check being carried out.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks and Garda Vetting will be conducted prior to confirmation of appointment.
Who are we?
At (COMPANY NAME), we are travelers, innovators, thinkers and doers. We readily promote an open and collaborative workspace. Our people are our biggest asset, and together we have created a culture of cooperation, project ownership, and impact. As the world leader in international education, with more than 52,000 staff and teachers working in 52 countries around the globe, our mission is simple: Opening the world through education. Since we were founded over 50 years ago, EF has helped more than 15 million people see the world, learn a language, or earn an academic degree. Don't miss the unique opportunity to join our one-of-a-kind team