As Laboratory Supervisor you'll be responsible for the day - to - day supervision of the Immingham / Hull laboratory, ensuring that all test related data is permormed safely, timely & accuratley in order to deliver the best possible servie to (COMPANY NAME) client base at all times.
You'll assist the Laboratory Manager by ensuring that the laboratory operates using the best quality practices in order to comply with all company quality, health, safety & environment practices at all times.
* Ensure handover is performed between working periods, with key issues clearly identified and prioritised to duty chemists
* Review outstanding work with respect to customer deadlines and prioritise activities of duty chemists.
* Regularly review workload with respect to analytical test deadlines and use this information to prioritise activities of duty team.
* Regularly liaise with customers to keep them informed of analytical test issues such as delays, etc., to ensure customer satisfaction and confidence is maintained.
* Appraise, coaching, counselling and developing direct reports, ensuring each individual has a set of objectives and is given an annual performance appraisal to ensure effective communication of individual, team & business goals and address any areas for improvement immediately and in a constructive manner.
* Ensure that the Team's Training Records /Training Matrix are kept up to date in order to comply with internal and external procedures and systems and allow easy identify skills gaps.
* Identify, make recommendations for procurement, set up, commission, and implement training for, new apparatus, in order to improve the existing service to clients and to promote and attract new business developments.
To be successful in this role, you'll need extensive and recent experience working in a petroleum / petrochemical testing lab at a Supervisory level, including managing the performance of team members.
You'll also need thorough knowledge of all methods used in the laboratory, Practical knowledge of instrumentation used and the ability to diagnose faults, and an awareness of the relevant QA / SHE standards and SQC / improvement techniques.
In addition to the above you'll also need to demonstrate the following;
* Ability to plan workloads and resources, in an ever changing environment, to ensure deadlines are met.
* Ability to make logical and appropriate decision in isolation when required.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and external customers
* Knowledge of bulk cargo custody transfer operations.
* Minimum A level in Chemistry (or equivalent)
* Full UK Driving Licence
The following attributes would be desirable, but not essential;
* Experience of training and coaching new employees to ensure they reach the standards required to fulfill their roles.
* Recognised qualification in other supporting discipline, eg Quality, Safety, Management etc.
* Supervisory qualification, e.g. NEBBS. ILM, etc
As Laboratory Supervisor, you'll receive a salary of between £24,000 to £28,000, depending on experience, a company car, plus you'll benefit from a 10% performance bonus, retail discount scheme, private health cover after 1 years' service, a contributory pension scheme and life cover.
* Job Title: Laboratory Supervisor
* Job Type: Permanent
* Hours: Variable, annual hours
* Job Location: Immingham / Hull
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days.
Videos To Watch