No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 8xxx3 - Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Location: Ireland - Leinster
Salary Grade: 9-11
Reporting to: Field Sales Manager
Why Work For Colgate Palmolive/Hill's Pet Nutrition:
* The learning & development opportunities: You will refine your commercial mind-set and continue to learn new skills working closely with a cross-functional team giving you exposure to all local market departments.
* The challenge & variety: You will operate in a fast paced operational environment, directly impacting the day-to-day performance of the business, with personal accountability for your business.
* The global experience: You will have the opportunity to work with global brands, participate in global strategies with potential to develop your career internationally.
* The Colgate/Hill's Values: Caring, global teamwork and continuous improvement are integral to how we operate every day
Provide a direct interface with veterinary professionals at practice level to ensure the highest levels of veterinary endorsement and brand awareness for Hill's Pet Nutrition and its brands. Help the clinics make purchase decisions by communicating persuasively. It is their responsibility to communicate the technical superiority, practical application and commercial benefits of Hill's products in order to drive profitable sales, increased distribution and recommendation in veterinary practices in their assigned region.
* Build strong relationships with Key stakeholders in Clinics in order to become Trusted Advisor around Nutrition (Margin Management, Retail Execution, Technical, and CPD).
* Use Questioning techniques to Identify Needs and Understand the Clinics business. Then work collaboratively with them to develop Solutions which they own to deliver a better Pet Owner experience and ultimately drive their business.
* Develop and maintain high standards of knowledge in small animal nutrition and Hill's business initiatives through training, self-study and market evaluation.
* Deliver information on Hill's products and services through excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills that is aligned with the Clinics Needs and Business Strategy.
* Plan activities to maximize contact with practices showing most potential for development of their nutrition business
* Implement prescribed sales and marketing activities for Hill's, to ensure:
* Position entire Portfolio of Hill's existing products and services to get awareness and endorsement by the veterinary profession
* Increase distribution on existing product lines
* Rapid acceptance, endorsement and distribution of new products
* Establishment of shelf space at least equivalent to the share of Hill's products within each clinic
* Change behaviours in clinics by establishing practice protocols in key Disease and Wellness categories
* Retail execution by merchandising Hill's range to make it easy for Owners to purchase
* Analyse your Clinics, Territory and Key Categories using Internal Reports & Systems to Devise coherent Strategies and to ensure efficient use of time and resources.
* Represent Hill's and interact with Attendees at meetings/conferences e.g. Clinical Societies, VICAS, IVNA, etc and Regional Meetings, Client Meetings and Practice Open Days.
* Share Best Practice with Colleagues & Management. Keep abreast of trends in the veterinary profession and of competitive activity and report on new activity to centre.
* Maintain accurate records (Notes, Tasks & Contacts) on all Clinics in the territory using the Hill's CRM system before, during and after each call. Ensure all admin is completed on a timely basis.
* Manage an agreed territory budget to spend on advertising and promotion to support initiatives that deliver growth
* Complete all mandated and ad hoc training programmes within targeted deadlines.
* Education/ Experience Requirements
* Relevant direct sales experience in veterinary industry, pharmaceutical or nutrition company or other related industries
* Minimum 1 year of commercial experience
* Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, and ability to learn company specific programmes
* Full and valid driver's license required
* Communicate Effectively
* Results Orientated
* Planning/Priority Setting
* Teamwork and Collaboration
* Consumer/Customer focused
* Relationship Building
* Self-Awareness and Personal Impact
* Gives & Seeks Feedback
* Commercial acumen
* Confident, ambitious self-starter
* Ability to work with own initiative
* Analytical Problem solver
* Open-minded and curious with good Questioning Techniques.
* Goal orientated and results driven
* Enthusiastic and energetic with determination to succeed
* Resilient - not put off by setbacks
* Expected percentage of travel: Up to 85%
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill's we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills' mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL'S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S® Science Diet® and HILL'S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill's is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please visit http://wxx.xxxxxxxx.xxm and http://wxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxm, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Axxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxm with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation