* Strategy: Contributes to the definition of the strategy for the business unit. Serves as the key partner for the relevant business leader in determining strategy for area of responsibility and developing a global business model, aligning with wider strategy, implementing, and making adjustments in implementation as needed. Maintains constant contact with relevant other managers and Controllers regarding financial, market and customer situation and outlook.
* Business planning and forecasting: Translates strategy into business plans and establishes measurable targets. Oversees the business planning and forecasting process for the area of responsibility and serves as the interface to HQ/Country CFO/Global/Local BU/Division Manager. Evaluates financial implications of various strategic decisions, builds scenarios and recommends actions.
* Business performance: Monitors progress achieved and provides insight and analysis to support operational decision-making. Identifies issues, and advises management on action plans and operational strategies to resolve. Drives appropriate cost structure, productivity optimization, and capital efficiency. Manages and closely monitors the cash flow and takes action to improve Net Working Capital.
* Risk management: Assesses business risk exposure and defines risk mitigation strategies to reduce impact on business performance. Ensures risk management processes are consistently implemented in own area of responsibility. Identifies and communicates commercial and financial risks and opportunities from business propositions.
* Optimization: Leads cross-functional initiatives that support strategic goals. Drives definition and implementation of global standards and business specific guidelines to ensure continuous improvement in the financial control process within own area of responsibility.
* Communication and knowledge sharing: Leads, provides guidance and facilitates best practice sharing between Local Business Controllers within own area of responsibility to ensure alignment and consistency of controlling practices. Ensures timely and efficient communication with relevant Local/Country/Division/Region Controllers, Finance Group functions and other internal customers to identify and discuss issues for improvement of operations, work quality and efficiency for area of responsibility.
* Internal controls and compliance: Ensures transparency in financial reporting and disclosures. Defines and implements internal controls regarding financial and non-financial operations. Ensures compliance with corporate and country standards, regulations, and guidelines. Supports internal and external audits. Signs off Assurance letter for the area of responsibility.
* Establishes and oversees processes and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information. Ensures high quality of financial data and business information in line with defined standards and financial closing schedules. People leadership and development Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct/indirect subordinates within HR policies.
* A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
* Experience with computerized accounting systems and financial reporting software.
* Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and ability to multitask.
* A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong written and verbal communication skills.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At (COMPANY NAME), we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. (COMPANY NAME) is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about (COMPANY NAME) can be found on txxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxm.
Req #: JREQ1xxxx4
Locations: Mexico City-Mexico Job Function: Accounting & Finance