As Global Farm and Feed Upstream Buyer you will be working with our dairy and plant based suppliers to improve their practices in line with our regenerative agricultural strategy. In this role you shall be exposes to different farming practices around the world.
You will be based in our office in Amsterdam (Hoofddorp) and you will manage autonomously all relationships between the suppliers, farmers, and internal stakeholders, in order to find a) the best total cost solution for the farmer and as consequence, the milk price for Danone, and b) best sustainability solutions for the farms supplying us milk and plant based ingredients.
About the Role
In this role you will:
* Manage a variety of different suppliers in the field of: growers, feed additives, products supporting cow health, farming equipment and technology including a.i. technology
* Work out a Feed and Farm strategy and align this with your hiarchy, and key stakeholders.
* Work closley with the central FRM teams in EU, US, CIS, and Africa to prepare your plans that are derrived from the strategy.
* Partner with the local FRM teams to execute your plans for the various countries
* Contribute to the execution of the Regenrative Agrculture strategy in the countries
* Contribute to the efficiency programs through collective buying platforms for farmers
* Scout for innovations that support efficiency, soil health or greenhouse gas reducing solutions
* Seek opportunities for growign Plant Based products on land of Dairy farmers
Other responsiblities will be:
* Reporting on activities progress and related KPI's
* Visiting teams in the countries to guide pilots, track progress of projects.
* Visiting farms to make sure the proposes solutions are working, and expectations of the farmers are met.
* Managing major projects on divisional level that improve procurement processes and cost reduction programs in order to lower the total cost by continously improving delivery accuracy, lead time and stock reduction.
* Where needed supporting the transition to our regenerative agriculture goal for Plant Based Ingredients where needed
To be able to achieve the above and be successful in this role you:
* hold a Master's degree, preferably in commercial engineer, economical sciences, or bio-engineering
* have relevant functional procurement experience
* have expertise in Dairy farming practices
* demonstrate solid people skills.
* are communicative and stress resilient
* are fluent in English
Danone's mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies.
Cycles & Procurement is right at the heart of making the Danone vision "One Planet. One Health" a reality. Through what & how we source, we shape the world in which we operate & we build the future for Danone.
With our Cycles we protect and secure our key resources (Milk, Water and Plastic) & we take a strategic approach to Procurement to support the business and social agenda of Danone. We are one team of procurement professionals worldwide working closely together with our colleagues across the Company. We secure competitive, sustainable resources, seek innovative solutions and partner up with suppliers aligned to our vision.
What's in it for you?
At Danone we offer a complete package of benefits, with a competitive primary salary and yearly bonus, but also benefits like a premium free pension, 30 days annual leave and several discounts on a collective health insurance and even on some of our products.
But more importantly - this is a unique opportunity to bring a lot of value into Danone were future possibilities are discussed based on your personal development needs.
Hit the "Apply Now" button, until the closing date. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information?
Please contact me Marina Dubceac, Talent Manager Benelux for Cycles & Procurement, at firstname.lastname@example.org