(COMPANY NAME) is the better way to transfer money worldwide. We're fast, safe, simple and you can do it all online, or on your mobile, to fit in with how we live today. And we were created with the explicit mission of cutting the costs of sending money home. So more money can reach the people, families, communities and even countries that need it.
Started in 2012 we've rapidly grown into one of the world's largest online-only money transfer services. We have three centres of operation, in London, Krakow and Amsterdam, and employ around 180 people. Oh, and we're a team that's cosmopolitan, tech savvy, open-minded and willing to climb the mountains and swim the oceans. Unless it's raining.
We're also not in love with working long hours just to prove how macho we are. We know there's more to life than work and that there's a whole world outside our door. But we do want to make the time we all spend at (COMPANY NAME) both productive and enjoyable. (COMPANY NAME) are an equal opportunities' employer and strongly support diversity across the people who work here.
If you share our values, join us to be an integral part of our growing back-office team in Amsterdam. You will work closely with other members of the Finance team, HR, partners, advisors and authorities. Due to the growth of the company and breadth of the role, this position will provide an excellent opportunity for development and progression.
You will be in a stand alone position in our Amsterdam office reporting into the Financial Controller based in London (UK). You will have a broad variety of responsibilities which may change over time as required by business needs. Your key responsibilities would include:
* Preparation of monthly management accounts
* Reporting and forecasting against banking covenants, regulatory capital requirements as well as safeguarding requirements
* Completing necessary month end journal entries and reconciliations
* Leading on the statutory audit of multiple entities
* Managing payroll process of the Dutch subsidiary
* Transfer pricing and intra-group transactions management
* Liaison with consultants and legal advisers to support direct and indirect taxation and other regulatory compliance
* Maintenance of accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and process improvements
* Providing timely and accurate financial information to Senior Management
* Working on other ad-hoc projects
* Competitive salary
* 26 paid holidays
* Working in one of the hottest FinTech start-ups in Europe
* Working in a truly special team - we believe in what we do
* Accounting qualification with tax experience
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to thrive under minimal guidance
* Able to organise and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
* Good knowledge of multi-currency and multi-entity environment
* Great attention to detail
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong IT literacy - experience of Oracle NetSuite would be helpful
* Team player with good communication skills and a positive can do attitude