Data Dictionary Officer - Tribe Data Management
Your role & work environment
(COMPANY NAME) is searching for a Data Dictionary Officer - Tribe Data Management
We develop the digital bank of the future:
In the development of a "Next Generation Digital Banking Platform", (COMPANY NAME) renews its data management capabilities as a global cornerstone in the Unite transformation. We realize a well governed data lake that ensures data availability, common understanding of business terms, data quality is measured & issues are remediated, data is traceable and controlled in line with regulations: an ambitious implementation based on leading technology.
(COMPANY NAME) wants to have good control over its vast data landscape as data is a valued asset. A big focus is on Data Definitions, as it describes the functional information of the data which flows through the processes (from operational systems to the reports). Data Definitions and metadata, stored in our Data Dictionary, enable us to substantiate internal and external reporting, meet regulators demand that metadata management is successful in case of report review and enable our various data users to quickly locate the data that they need.
As Data Dictionary Officer you will be working in a team with different Data Management experts, focusing on different data management domains, such as Data Quality, Data Governance and Data Definitions.
The Data Management Tribe is very international, with locations in The Netherlands, Belgium and Romania, and people from different nationalities are part of our squads.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Data Dictionary Officer, who will work for the "CDO Office" squad in support of our Chief Data Officer. This squad has a cross-border (Belgium and The Netherlands) responsibility and it collaborates closely with regulators, business and IT stakeholders in order to gather their data governance requirements, to understand their data, their (meta)data needs and business context.
Your key responsibilities
* Co-create and carry out the strategy on the way of work on Data Definitions and responsible for the translation of the strategy towards the Tribe Data Management.
* Provide guidelines for the use and implementation of our Data Dictionary, i.e. define the target model for the Data Dictionary structure, provide guidelines to Data Stewards and Customer Journey Experts on the creation of Data Definitions in the Data Dictionary, maintain and improve the Data Definitions Policy, working with the CDO Office squad and content squads to define the user's guidelines for Data Definitions for all data lake layers.
* Closely collaborate with the Metadata Modeler, Data Lineage-, Data Quality- and Data Governance Officer in order to improve the current way of working of squads and data stewards with respect to capturing the data definitions in the Data Dictionary.
* Take ownership on the Esperanto business glossary and be the link to the Chief Data Management Office at (COMPANY NAME) Group.
* Monitor dashboards around metadata and Data Definitions and pro-actively follow up with squads in the Tribe on pending actions.
* Ensure and maintain the integrity of Business Terms in the Data Definitions Catalog in collaboration with the squads.
* Provide assistance with the definition of remedial actions where necessary.
* Support the implementation of delivery of evidences for different regulatory obligations/Key Control Testing.
* Utilizing our Data Dictionary and metadata to create new value.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
Besides this we look for someone who is:
* Passionate about Data and produces high quality deliverables.
* Knowledgeable and experienced with data management, and preferably Data Definitions and/or metadata modeling.
* Continuously taking the initiative to improve the way of work and the collaboration within CDO Office.
* A highly analytical person.
* Able to create Conceptual designs.
* Knowledgeable and experienced with the financial industry.
* Knowledgeable of Data Dictionary tools (IBM IGC is a plus).
* Proficient in English (verbal and writing) and has excellent communication skills.
* Experienced in the Agile way of working.
* Holder of Master or Bachelor degree.
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
* Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realize your ambitions.
* An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors.
* A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention.
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at (COMPANY NAME). We're on a journey that's centered around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that