As Senior Business Control Officer you will be part of the Global Transformation Office/ Global Process Management department and work closely together with process management and business control colleagues within Global Transformation Office and the other COO Support Functions, as well as with colleagues from the NFR 2nd line of defence. The role is based in Global Transformation Office/ Global Process Management and part of the Global Business Control squad which also includes the COE Business Control and 1st Line Gatekeeper for global process control frameworks.
What you'll do
* Continuously and pro-actively raising awareness regarding NFR related topics.
* Co-ordinating the Non-Financial Risk (NFR) activities including risk assessment, control implementation, Key Control Testing, issue management and risk reporting.
* Pro-actively providing expert advice to management and the 1st line Business Control Officers on continuous enhancement of the control environment and processes.
* COO Business Control representative in the COO & CEO Non-Financial Risk Committee including meeting preparation together with CEO BLCO.
* Being the COO SPOC for NFR stakeholders in and outside the COO Domain.
* Optimization of NFR activities through embedding of controls in processes, enhancement of key control monitoring & testing.
* Set-up and implement a framework for NFR related knowledge sharing and capability building in the COO Domain.
* Managing the relationships with second (Operational Risk, Compliance, Information Risk) and third line of defence.
* Support (COMPANY NAME)-wide migration to process driven risk management.
* Support Global Business Control squad and first line Gatekeeper.
How to succeed
* You are a risk-minded and risk-aware Senior Business Control (1st LoD Business Control) with excellent analytical, advisory and mentoring skills, who is able to coordinate a wide range of NFR activities over multiple staff departments, who is process minded and able to translate policies and control standards into practice.
* You have experience in Non-financial risk management, internal control and process management.
* You have understanding of (COMPANY NAME)'s policy, control and process frameworks, bank processes, change and improvement methodologies.
* You have experience and understanding across three lines of defence including stakeholder management.
* You are able to implement adequate and efficient internal control measures tailored to the business context and related NFR challenges (COO domain).
* Experience with working in large, growing international organizations facing demanding business, risk management and regulatory requirements.
* Proven experience with ERM/ NFR framework and implementation thereof.
* Wide and deep experience providing expert competence (over 10 years).
* Good analytical skills and sound judgement.
* You are fluent both in Dutch and in English.
* You actively keep up your professional knowledge and translate external trends into applicable knowledge.
* You take responsibility to get the work done.
* You continuously improve the way you work and actively ask for help and feedback and are not afraid to give feedback.
* You easily adapt to a new environment.
* You continuously improve yourself and help colleagues in their development by giving feedback.
What we offer
* A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
* Public transport pass
* 27 vacation days
* Pension scheme
* 13th month salary
* Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
* 8% Holiday payment
* Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
* An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
* Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
For more detailed information on this position, please contact Jaap Meester (email@example.com).
The COO Domain, consisting of the staff departments Global Key Compliance, Chief Information Security Office, Global Transformation Office, Finance for Chief Operating Office and Bank-wide Tax Operations, is looking for an experienced risk-minded and risk-aware Senior Business Control Officer with excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate policies into practice.
The purpose of the Global Process Management (GPM) is to accelerate the execution of the Think Forward strategy by ensuring the execution of the COO vision and building the next generation digital bank:
* Uniform and easy processes compliant by design;
* Reliable and modern banking systems;
* Bank-wide information management;
* Enabled people with the right skills;
* Collaborative, performance culture.
Our process management methodology is interrelated with (COMPANY NAME)'s process driven Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework which defines the key responsibilities with respect to ERM of the 1LOD:
* Continuously assess actual risk profile against our risk appetite, including by executing the Business Environment Assessment.
* Ensure risk and control identification of the business, products or processes and management done with consistent terminology and compatible methodologies.
* Implementation and execution of processes and controls, as well as testing of controls, including outsourced ones, to be challenged by the next higher level (and also by 2LoD).
* Maintenance and monitoring of complete oversight of risks and controls (including the outsourced ones) of the business, process or product for which they are accountable.
* Ensure completeness and accuracy of the financial, regulatory, and risk reports.
* Ensure formal follow-up procedures of all audit recommendations by appropriate levels of management to ensure their timely resolution.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what's possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at (COMPANY NAME). Join us. Apply today with CV and letter of motivation