Construction. Waste management. Aggregates. These industries are dirty, dangerous, and often overlooked by a world obsessed with sexy new technology, social networks, and shiny devices running the latest apps.
But without construction, you'd have no place to live or work. Without aggregates, say goodbye to your roads and sidewalks. And landfills? You get it.
Propeller sees opportunity in these vital industries. Opportunity to change how the world gets built, make extracting resources safer and more efficient, and ensure waste is handled in the most environmentally friendly way.
We give the people building our civilization the power to track, map, and measure everything they do. We close the information gap between a physical worksite and the people who manage it.
If you love the idea of working for a company that codes a latte-delivery app or builds an expensive smart water bottle, do not apply for this job.
But if this huge opportunity piques your interest or, better yet, you're excited about smart software and hardware solutions that solve problems for honest, hard working people -Propeller is the place for you.
We're fascinated with solving hard problems in uncharted territories. Everyone is empowered to approach, own, and solve problems creatively. We're 100% about impact and 0% about ego.
We treat each other in a way that means people love coming to work. We listen and we own our mistakes. We really like making each other laugh. We embrace and inspire change. We are transparent, respectful, and fair. Want to know what our team actually says about us? Check out our Glassdoor reviews.
You'll work closely with the sales and business development teams to help sell the technical side of our products and provide technical support to new customers. You'll advise sales on what we can and cannot support so our customers understand the value as well as the limits of Propeller's software. You'll directly participate in demos and onboarding calls, leading the platform demonstration and training while the salesperson focuses on the customer value.
About You and The Role
You've got B2B software experience and you understand the SaaS business model. You're passionate about teaching others how to solve problems and improve processes and workflows by adopting the latest technologies. You can command a room with your physical/virtual presence and can navigate corporate politics to deliver successful outcomes. You will:
* Function as a subject matter expert on Propeller's platform, AeroPoints, and PPK workflows, especially the technical geospatial requirements for processing usable data.
* Prepare demo environments for customers based on knowledge gathered by the sales team in previous discovery calls.
* Drive sales demos together with a sales executive, focusing on the technical questions and pre-sale and trial data support.
* Keep the sales team honest about what we can and cannot support in data processing.
* Lead the technical onboarding of new customers and dealers, especially those using edge cases.
* Proactively provide customer and product feedback to teams across the organization.
* Clearly articulate technical answers in writing, on the phone, or in person.
* Build and maintain technical documentation as it relates to supported products.
* Follow industry technology trends through self-study and formal training, and share knowledge with sales engineering.
* Extensive experience in GIS, surveying or photogrammetry.
* Ability to speak confidently with customers.
* Strong communication and writing skills in English and (French and/or German)
* Team player, ability to work between support team and sales.
We're really proud of our Glassdoor rating and, according to our Culture Amp survey, 100% of people here would recommend us as a great place to work. We offer employee stock options, paid parental leave, an allowance for your mobile and broadband services. We take being a good place to work pretty seriously.
Propeller is for everyone. We're an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. Your gender, age, religion, sex life, or skin colour won't make a difference here. If you're smart and good at what you do, come as you are