Job Description Summary
Come Join Our Software Integration Team!!
Our team is part of ROMEO Global Delivery Center (GDC). We have delivered GE software in Europe, North America, Middle East, and even Asia. Our main activity consists in setting up GE software in different environments for internal and external customers, supporting project activities and providing expertise in tailoring the components based on requirements. We have a hybrid work environment as we work from home, the office and travel to customer sites as needed.
The integration engineer is a key member in all projects, being engaged throughout the full lifecycle (Development, Factory Acceptance Tests, Site Acceptance Tests, Cutover, Support).
GE Digital's Romanian Engineering Operations business is the biggest Global Deliver Center in the (COMPANY NAME) Digital Grid footprint which allows us to bring a significant contribution to the Worldwide Electrical Energy context. Delivering on life-critical solutions we are deeply immersed into the worlds of Transmission, Distribution, Asset Management and Market Management making sure we shape how the energy landscape looks today and tomorrow.
Our teams breathe software-life into R&D, Services and Support for GE Digital's products while liaising with stakeholders and customers all around the globe.
GE Intelligent Platforms is an experienced high-performance technology company and a global provider of software, hardware, services, and expertise in automation and embedded computing. We offer a unique foundation of agile and reliable technology providing customers a sustainable competitive advantage in the industries they serve, including energy, water, consumer packaged goods, oil & gas, government & defense, and telecommunications.
In this role, you will have end-to-end responsibility on the Software System Integration part of large and complex IT projects associated to the management of electrical grid Transmission, Distribution and Market to meet the schedule, cost and quality commitments.
In the context of Software Solutions (SWS) projects execution within the Services organization, the Solution Integrator makes sure all the various software applications and databases used for a Solution work together without compromising overall information system integrity. To accomplish this role the Senior Solution Integrator must be able to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with Implementation Services teams including Delivery Managers, Software Factories, Delivery Centers, and with the customer.
Main job responsibilities:
* Software applications installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
* Software solutions customization.
* Databases installation and configuration.
* Systems implementation and performing the acceptance tests (on site, with the customer)
Qualifications / Requirements
* Engineer, Master or Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / General Educational Development with proven years of experience in Services).
* Ideal subjects: Computer Science, IT Networking, Software Integration and Deployment.
* Proven years of experience in Services: software systems integration, development, testing and commissioning.
* Good technical knowledge and experience is expected in the following domains, ordered by priority:
* Windows Server 2016/2019 and/or RHEL 7/8 configuration and administration
* Software configuration and deployment management
* Scripting development with any of the following: PowerShell/Perl/Python/batch/bash
* Relational databases: SQLServer or Oracle
* Troubleshooting skills
* Fluent in English
* Ability and willingness to travel
Technical knowledge and experience on the following domains will be an additional advantage:
* Windows Services (AD/DNS, LDAP, …)
* Source Code Management tool (TFS, GitHub, SVN)
* DevOps and Agile methodology
* Other relational databases (PostgreSQL, …)
* Virtualization (Cloud computing, SaaS, VMware)
* Having some experience in energy management systems would be an additional advantage: Energy Management Systems (EMS), Distribution Management Systems (DMS) or Market Management Systems (MMS)
* Technically good performer who can integrate and test complex software systems to completion with a minimal supervision
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
* Rigorous, methodical, well organized and self-disciplined
* Take initiatives, good trouble-shooter and autonomous
* Adaptability, reactivity and Availability
* Ability to analyze complex topics and make a verbal/written synthesis
Network & Links
* Internal: Operations, Product Development, Tendering, and Maintenance & Support
* External: Customers, Partners
* On Time Delivery
* Costs deviation + Committed budget (effort) deviation
* Software Delivery Processes Compliance
* Customer Satisfaction
In collaboration with Methods & Tools
* Drive excellence in execution through continuous improvement and change management to implement competitiveness improvement initiatives (costs base reduction, lead time reduction, DevOps framework, productivity improvement, quality improvement…)
* Monitor the efforts performance measurement indicators
In collaboration with Maintenance & Support
* Ensure a smooth transfer to maintenance of ending projects through coordinated knowledge transfer.
* Can be solicited to provide some back-end support to maintenance team as part of the maintenance contract
* Comply and contribute to elaboration of relevant Quality Procedures, work instructions and Processes in Quality Management System
* Report or resolve any process non-conformances in a timely manner
Health and Safety
* Sets the example by demonstrating the proper acts and actively observes work conditions.
* Routinely observes routines and behaviors of others and provides immediate feedback regarding unsafe behavior and celebrates achievements or safe behaviors.
* Actively and routinely promotes the identification of hazards and near misses.
The Benefits we are offering:
* Strong induction process (1 full month only for ramp-up).
* An open communication culture in a friendly environment and with supportive teammates.
* Flexible working hours and a well-defined work-from-home policy.
* Increased number of vacation days, according to your work-experience.
* Additional days off (8th of March, 3rd Easter day).
* Annual, performance-based, salary review.
* Impact awards for outstanding performance.
* Private Medical Insurance for you, can also be extended for family members.
* Gift vouchers for Christmas and Easter holiday.
* Vacation bonus with an annual payout.
* Benefits for children (special occasions gifts, vouchers and events).
* Daily meal vouchers.
* Fully customized development and training programs all throughout the year.
* Strong focus and real opportunities for Career Development.
* Referral Program Benefits.
* LinkedIn Learning subscription and full access to GE's learning knowledge-base.
* Bookster subscription.
* Corporate discount to fitness services.
* Wellbeing program with multiple events focused on a healthy lifestyle, free apps to support your healthy habits and free employee assistance program, provided by specialized counselors.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
|Quelle:||Website des Unternehmens|
|Datum:||15 Mär 2023|