Soundtrap is a collaborative, browser- and cloud-based recording studio. As of November 2017, we are a part of the (COMPANY NAME) family. Our mission is to enable music and podcast creation for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or what device you are using.
We're a unit within (COMPANY NAME), small enough to move fast and make our own decisions, but with all the technical resources that we need from the larger company. Since our launch in 2013, we have attracted millions of users. With us, anyone can make their recordings online, either as an independent creator or in collaboration with friends, band members or classmates.
What you'll do
* Based in a newly formed Product Insights team you will work with a wide variety of partners from designers and product managers to business developers and engineering teams to help define and uncover insights for product development
* Be a strategic partner to product development teams, making and give recommendations when needed with direct impact on product decisions
* With a curious mindset investigate and explore new tools, methods and practices to develop the discipline within Product Insights at Soundtrap and (COMPANY NAME)
* Get the opportunity to work with a team with short decision cycles, keen on balancing creativity with delivery and with a high impact on how the Soundtrap product is developed!
Who you are
* You know how to scope and solve loosely defined problems and come up with actionable insights to guide product development decisions
* You have 2+ years of relevant experience, with a degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, economics or another quantitative discipline
* You have an understanding of statistics and experience working with real-world data, as well as a strong business sense
* You have experience with analytics tools (SQL, BigQuery, Pandas, R or SPSS) and experience performing analysis with large datasets
* You have experience with visualisation tools such as Tableau, QlikView, QlikSense, Looker or R shiny to present insights in an appealing way
* You possess statistical competence (such as regression modelling, a/b testing, significance testing etc)
* You are an independent thinker, able to work autonomously, capable of taking on loosely defined problems and translating complex thinking into practical application for diverse audiences
* You enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, data-driven, creative environment
It is a plus if you
* Have the technical competence to perform advanced analytics: coding skills (such as Python or Scala)
* Have demonstrated experience with hands-on statistical modelling and possess knowledge about machine learning (such as predictive modelling, decision trees, classification models, clustering techniques)
You are welcome at (COMPANY NAME) for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what's playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
(COMPANY NAME) transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world's most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users