We're embarking on an amazing journey together with Lightstorm Entertainment and FoxNext Games, to the world of Pandora, developing a new cutting-edge game set on the beautiful and dangerous moon from the prominent Avatar film franchise.
As a VFX Artist at Massive, you'll be responsible for creating astonishing visual effects aligned with the games artistic vision and technical possibilities. You'll be part of a team, report to a Lead, and align your goals with an Art Director and Producer to help us craft the ultimate interactive Pandora experience.
* Producing high-quality effects
* Planning, estimating and prioritizing your tasks
* Optimizing workflows and maintaining a balance between quality and performance
* Building relationships with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to facilitate effective collaboration during the creation of our game assets
* Communicating and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure the consistency of work within the team
* Sharing knowledge within the team and set practices, pipelines, and workflows together with others
You're an artist, driven towards producing high-quality work and who always keeps up to date with the latest relevant tech. You've excellent skills in discussing ideas together, especially in English (our company language), and you enjoy seeing the whole team succeed.
Besides the above we're looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
* A relevant portfolio of artwork (must include VFX-Art)
* Previous experience from a AAA game production through to release
* Several years of experience as a VFX Artist on multiple projects
* Relevant degree in an Art/Design field, or the equivalent work experience
* Has experience working within photo-realistic environments
* Understands particle effect-based workflows and shader creation, from concept to optimization
* Uses Adobe Photoshop and/or After Effects for texture creation
* Has an understanding of Physically Based Rendering and Linear workflows
* Has a strong understanding of modeling, texture mapping, materials and post-processing (color grading etc.)
Good to know
We aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what's possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative, and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry.
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden, and fully owned by (COMPANY NAME) Entertainment, the world's third-largest independent video game publisher. We're more than 650 people from 50+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy's The Division, and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to enriching players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun, and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At (COMPANY NAME), you'll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch