Are you driven by creating design 'that just works'? Can you find yourself deconstructing a mechanic just to understand why it 'feels so good'?
We are looking for a Lead Core Gameplay Designer within 3C's (Camera, Control, Character) to lead our game design team on an ambitious unannounced project here in Stockholm Sweden.
As our Lead Core Gameplay Designer, you'll understand the fundamentals of 3C's and be able to set vision for and deliver on core moment-to-moment gameplay loops. You will adjust and balance design and game mechanics to bring imaginary concepts into play. During our production phase, you'll alternate between a resolution of high detail and high level. You will drive the full development cycle of your area and identify how all elements work together and refine them to uncover game experiences that are as immersive as they are fluid for our players.
We know you have fantastical powers and for us it is important you get to show your magic. To do this, we're creating strong autonomous teams with independent decision-making, and freedom to try out new things and show why it works. For us it is important that you get to shine by being creative: to take deliberate decisions, poke hole in things when required, to make new mistakes and care for your craft by honoring your commitments.
In this role, you'll join a group of Associate Directors within the Design craft and will report to the Game Director. Collaborating within your craft, but also cross-functionally, you'll direct and generate briefs for a team of complementary skills and abilities to deliver design ready to be experienced.
* Design functionality according to our design direction and creative vision, e.g. controls, movement, combat systems, weapon attributes, enemy combatants, etc.
* Lead a multidisciplinary team through the full development cycle
* Collaborate with transversal teams to integrate required features
* Develop and iterate on prototypes and evaluate performance
* Account for technical and production constraints
* Identify and manage risk & uncertainty associated with 3Cs
* Create and maintain design documentation to guide collaborating teams
* Ensure the follow-up after launch in order to improve, add or sunset features
* You have significant experience as a game designer on combat, controls and camera mechanics on AAA action games
* You are a natural leader who understands many aspects of game development and able to unite a multidisciplinary team behind a creative vision
* You know how to visualize behaviors and game situations on paper and best practices for prototyping iteratively
* You are curious while analytical, alert to new developments and trends and know how to best propose changes by adhering to consumer expectations
* You have good understanding of how to communicate effectively and know when to question yourself
* You are used to working in an international environment and to express yourself in English.
Apply now to make it yours!
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let's talk. At (COMPANY NAME) Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games