Accounting Manager St Julian's, Malta
EF is currently seeking a knowledgeable Accounting Manager to join our team in Malta. As an Accounting Manager, you will lead and motivate accounting staff members, oversee day to day tasks, work closely with the business, be responsible to deliver process efficiency and accuracy as well as working on variance projects.
The EF Finance Office in Malta handles finance for our schools and offices across Europe and South Africa. Located in the center of St Julian's, the office is close to both vibrant night life and the beautiful Mediterranean Sea. The office is filled with energetic international staff who are passionate about sharing their expertise and delivering top quality financial information to our stakeholders. In order to stay close to the business, we visit our schools and offices in other countries. A position at the Malta Finance Office opens up the opportunity for future challenges within EF with an amplitude of international possibilities.
* Manage a team of 3-6 junior and senior accountants
* Manage day-to-day accounting operations through your team
* Manage monthly, quarterly and yearly closing reporting
* Lead process improvements and other internal projects
* Work closely with the business and your different stakeholders
* Support with budgets and business decisions
* Produce financial reports and statements on a regular basis
* Communicate with external advisers and auditors
* Manage tax and compliance for various jurisdictions
We are continuously searching for ambitious, driven and enthusiastic Managers, to join our strong network of Finance professionals across the world. EF is a young, dynamic and entrepreneurial company which is looking for independent responsible personalities with an international mindset.
For the successful candidate, this position provides immense opportunities for growth and ownership, with the requirement to contribute to business decisions and planning. Operating within the company's financial talent hub, the position requires the ability to work and communicate across numerous functional areas within the Group, offering exposure to a truly global business and its underlying finance structure.
* Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration/ Accounting/ Finance or similar.
* Three or more years of experience in the field of accounting.
* Prior team management experience.
* Attention to detail and ability to analyse.
* Strong competence in MS Excel.
* The ability to structure, plan and prioritize work in order to deliver against multiple deadlines.
* Strong understanding of accounting, finance and management principles.
* Strong communication and social skills, able to work in English (written & verbal) and with all levels of management.
* Competencies in other languages is considered an advantage.
To be considered for this role, applicants must be either EU-nationals or have the legal right to live and work in the EU.
Why work at EF?
* We are international. With a global network of offices and schools, EF is able to offer an international career in any part of the world.
* We are entrepreneurial. EF has grown into the largest international education company by hiring people who are street smart and "can get things done". Our entrepreneurial spirit is at the core of what makes working at EF a ton of fun.
* We embrace change. Be prepared to join a flexible organization where no day is the same. We believe change is key to business success, personal development, and career progression.
EF is the world leader in international education. Our mission is to open the world through education and so far, we have helped over 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
We have fifteen subsidiaries and non-profit organizations, schools and offices in over 50 countries and employs over 52,000 staff and teachers. In today's increasingly complex and interdependent world our mission is more relevant than ever.
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you