Thesis Worker at (COMPANY NAME) Cars
Welcome to explore the world of (COMPANY NAME) Cars by writing your thesis with us! As a thesis worker in our organization you are supported by a supervisor who follows you during your project. All thesis projects are arranged in business critical areas and therefore you will be able to contribute to our company purpose - providing freedom to move in a safe, sustainable and personal way - from day one!
Powertrain suspension deals with engine installation and focuses on damping out vibrations and noise from the engine while ensuring a smooth ride and responsive handling. During extreme driving conditions the reaction loads on the aluminum brackets are high. These aluminum brackets are , attached to the car body side, transmission and engine with screw joints varying in dimension from M10-M12.
Evaluate the possibility of using topology optimization for complex loading structure in E-machine installation. Deep dive into the possibilities of using topology optimization and evaluate warious optimization methods to reach a suitable approach for complex structures. Detailed material models is to be used in order to take in to acound the non-linear behavior of the structre. Can a combination of static loads and modal behavior of the structure be taken in to account to reach an optimal solution? The question of modeling screw joints in optimization also needs to be evaluated. In what way should the screw joints be represented in terms of pre-tensions force and boundary conditions.
* Gain general knowledge in Powertrain Mounts.
* Literature study with focus on Topology optimization. What softwares are suitable given the requirement specifications. What type of input is needed for the material model ?
* Effects of optimizing towards both static and dynamic loading and modal behavior.
* Evaluate complex loading sequences with both E-Machine and car body interactions.
* Non-linear behavior and possible benefits.
* Detailed screw joint modeling with pre-tension and correct boundary conditions.
* What optimization approach is most suited for what application? Document strengths and weaknesses for the most promising approaches.
* What type of software is most suited for this type of analysis. Do a literature study and discuss the topic with other CAE engineers at (COMPANY NAME) Cars.
* Gain knowledge in Abaqus and ANSA.
* Set up a model for topology optimization. Use of element formulation suited for intended approach. Specify boundary conditions and connections between the parts. Consider critical mesh parameters, element type and set up for fast convergence and accurate results.
* Optimal structure.
* Stress and strain levels
* Document results and set up a work model for systematic FEA in design phase.
Do you fit the profile
* M.Sc in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Product development, or similar.
* Knowledge in Finite Element Modeling and Analysis.
* Knowledge in ANSA and Abaqus
* Knowledge in Matlab
* Have a structured approach and ability to work independently.
* 20w, 30 ECT, 1-2 people
* Start date to be agreed but work to be done during 2021
* Work to be done at dep 9xxx1 Powertrain Mount, (COMPANY NAME) Car Corporation, Gothenburg (Torslanda)
How to learn more and apply
Interviews will be held continuously so please, register your application via the link below as soon as possible but no later than 2xxx-xx-x8.
Please note that applications via email will not be accepted.
For questions about the thesis work please contact, contact Daniel Högberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or Team Manager Henrik Arvidsson at Hxxxxx.email@example.com
Who are we?
(COMPANY NAME) Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future. Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we're expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we're on the lookout for new talent. We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of (COMPANY NAME) Cars' journey into the future