At (COMPANY NAME) Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you'll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be.
Join us as a System Engineer and you'll be looking at a career-defining role based in Stockholm, Sweden. Our location at the waterfront in Liljeholmen is the leading engineering site of (COMPANY NAME)'s Rail Control Solutions division with long experience of signalling technology.
Purpose of the Job
As a System Engineer, you will identify input requirements, formalize them into requirements and interface specifications and design, architect and drive new key deliverables for onboard and wayside signalling products.
This includes interacting with customers, safety engineers, validators, third party certifiers and other stakeholders.
We are looking for someone who is innovative, knowledge seeking and with passion for problem solving. We want to find the one who will question our solutions and way of working to come up with new ideas and products for market leading signalling solutions.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Identification of stakeholder requirements and applicable standards.
* Defining system requirements, architecture, system context and interfaces,
* Create technical concepts and support product management with technical expertise.
* Support implementers, integrators, testers and, validators (e.g. explain requirements, assess non-conformities) including conception of safety measures for presentation to assessors and involved teams.
* Appropriate documentation on all required levels relating to both product and process including verification of test specifications and module design specifications.
* Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety analysis and performance optimisation
* Bachelor's or master's degree in engineering (Preferably Electrical, Computer Science, Applied Physics or similar).
* Safety and system related engineering experience.
* Relevant experience working with requirements, specifications and documentation of complex technical systems.
* Experience of requirement management in DOORS or other requirement management systems.
* Experience of development according to safety standards such as CENELEC (EN5xxx6, EN5xxx8, EN5xxx9) or equivalent.
* Experience with the methodologies for analysing and specifying systems including safe functions.
* Experience with specification and documentation of complex technical systems including software and hardware.
* Good understanding of product life cycle management and configuration management
* Good knowledge and experience of time critical embedded systems preferred.
* English at a fluent level is mandatory for this role, Swedish will be considered a plus.
* Excellent social, communication and presentation skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
About (COMPANY NAME) Transportation
(COMPANY NAME) Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry's broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, (COMPANY NAME) Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, (COMPANY NAME) Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws