At (COMPANY NAME) Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you'll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It's all about progress.
System Engineer ERTMS
In this role you will successfully work on ERTMS bids and projects by defining and developing requirements, architecture and interface for our ERTMS systems. We want to increase the functionality and reusability of our ERTMS trackside products, as part of our Rail Control Solutions Division, creating solutions which insure the highest customer value and satisfaction. A key part of the job is to facilitate knowledge transfer between involved parties.
* Define and align roadmaps: alignment with customer strategies and requirements, benchmarking of our solution
* Follow up bids and projects: gate reviews and approvals, standardization and optimization of way of working, increased re-use from project to project
* Defining system and sub-system requirements, architecture, and external interfaces for our ERTMS opportunities and projects.
* Work with transferring of ERTMS knowledge between our different sites
* Appropriate documentation on all required levels pertaining to both product and process
* Creation and negotiation of technical concepts, support product owner and product management with technical expertise
* Bachelor's or master's degree in Electrical/Electronic, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
* Excellent knowledge and/or experience working with development of vital Railway Signalling Applications and/or ERTMS systems.
* Relevant experience working with requirements, specifications and documentation of complex technical systems.
* Easy to understand SW and HW, and their interconnection.
* Knowledge of job-specific tools (Synergy, Doors, others may apply) is an advantage.
* Flexibility and ability to adapt to a dynamic business environment.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Willingness to travel (nationally and international).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
(COMPANY NAME) Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry's broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, (COMPANY NAME) Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, (COMPANY NAME) Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws