(COMPANY NAME) makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we're constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don't believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you're in, there's no telling what will happen next.
Ever wondered why banking is so customer unfriendly? The UX is a nightmare, modern features with quick logins and integrations seem non-existent. Feature rollouts take months and that's just not smoooth.
At (COMPANY NAME) we aim to fix that. We want to create a banking offer that is both a pleasure to use as a consumer and one that you as a developer can use for your Fintech startup. Starting a new bank? Use our platform. Want to launch your own credit card? Use our platform. We do all the heavy lifting for you, providing a secure and compliant set of APIs which allow developers to focus on adding value through building their own financial products and services
By being based on a modern architecture in the cloud, utilizing tools such as Erlang, Scala and Clojure combined with a serverless architecture -- we will deliver on that expectation.
We're expanding several of our financial platform engineering teams. We're always adding functionality into our payment processing systems and products and we're in the process of building a modern banking platform.
What you'll get to do
* Inspire, lead, shape and grow a software engineering organization consisting of 3-8 team members.
* Continue being hands-on with programming and work with large scale, highly available and resilient modern financial systems.
* Drive continuous improvement focusing on quality in own team and cross teams.
* Scope and own a problem space, articulate and develop fact based argumentation and present it to senior management or CXOs, develop vision and mission statement.
* Prioritise and optimise for highest speed in execution.
* Take calculated risks, anchor with different stakeholders and articulate short and long term consequences.
* Continuously develop relationships between product, engineering and key stakeholders across all domains.
* Succeed, fail, and learn together with your team. We believe in an environment that provides an opportunity for growth and see education as an outcome of failure that gets us closer to the next breakthrough.
* Play a key role in helping us continue attracting, developing and retaining great engineering talent.
* Act swiftly to change of direction, re-evaluate priorities and steer the team accordingly.
You'll need to have:
* Strong background in software engineering
* Experience leading cross functional software engineering teams in a fast paced, delivery focused environment
* Strong track record of delivery of influential software, preferably in complex business models and high transaction environments
* Strong people management skills
You'll get the chance to work with
* Functional programming languages including Erlang, Scala (typelevel stack) and Clojure
We are also utilising:
* Mnesia, and a range of OTP tools
* Kafka, Serverless, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, LevelDB
* Prometheus, Splunk, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
* Previous functional programming experience isn't essential, but you should be open to learning and working with any of these languages as the choices available may change over time.
What we can offer you
* Culture - You'll have an opportunity to work with people from 90+ different countries in our English speaking offices in Stockholm city centre.
* Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
* Compensation - You'll get an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans. We also offer all employees the opportunity to invest in our RSU program and own a stake of the (COMPANY NAME), along with 30 days annual leave. We recognise that life is more than work, and offer benefits for gym memberships, marathons, and all sorts of activities that promote physical health. We also have generous parental leave (for men and women).
* Relocation - We can offer relocation support to Stockholm for senior candidates.
We know diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our teams include women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people from all over the world.
We also believe in making contributions back to the open source community. You can find some of our work at https://gxxxxx.xxx/xxxxxx.
Interested in finding out more?
Send over a CV or LinkedIn profile in English.
About (COMPANY NAME)
(COMPANY NAME) was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants - with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities