We are looking for a software engineer to join our Financial Engineering organisation. Our mission is to build the technical platform that underpins our key company decisions, revenue and royalty calculations, financial performance management and our ability to scale out to new markets and products. As a software engineer for our data products, you will join a team of experienced software engineers and data scientists.
Some of the challenges we tackle are:
Design and implement complex logic for calculating royalties from many products and hundreds of tailor-made license contracts
Design large scale data pipelines (billions and billions of data points) that can retrospectively correct metrics over a long period of time without reprocessing huge amounts of data
Design, implement and operate our company core datasets that have extreme requirements on scalability, flexibility, and quality
Evolve and scale our fraud platform by developing rules and machine learning models that detect and continuously adapt to ever-shifting behaviors, swiftly mitigating their effects on the company.
Continuously consume and produce massive amounts of data while optimising for speed, accuracy, and quality
Innovate our data products to create a single coherent platform with sources of truth that serve a plethora of stakeholders from (COMPANY NAME) feature teams to our ad sales organisation
Above all, working as a software engineer in Financial Engineering will challenge your design, quality and problem-solving skills to build robust, highly distributed and scalable data processing systems and pipelines.
What you will do
* Write and commit code to our live code base in collaboration with your own team members and other teams
* Work closely with engineering and product managers in your team and across teams
* Be a key player in building a strong team with high quality output and create a culture of innovation
* Drive designs of major software components, systems, and features in your team and also cross teams
* Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software
* Drive squad projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise
* Mentor and act as a role model for your team members in areas such as efficient design techniques, quality thinking during development and smart ways to deploy and monitor code
* Coordinate technical projects spanning multiple teams
* Use your understanding of the product and our business goals to create solid and high quality solutions inline with our long-term strategy
* Challenge yourself to keep growing as a developer
Who you are
* Have experience or strong interest to work with large amount of data and complex business logic with high performance and scalability requirements
* Have proven experience as a technical developer
* Have extensive experience working hands-on as a software engineer using an agile development methodology
* Have deep CI/CD experience and passion
* Have experience in providing testable technical solutions with quality
* GCP skills - deploying and operating services in there or in a similar cloud based backend
* Have a track record of building solutions based on microservice architecture as well as big data processing
* Have a good understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
* If you have previous experience of working with ITGC, GDPR and SOX-compliance (common in Fintech) it is a plus, but not a requirement
You are welcome at (COMPANY NAME) for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what's playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
(COMPANY NAME) transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world's most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users