At (COMPANY NAME) Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you'll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It's all about progress.
We are looking for a Reliability Engineer for our Embedded System team in Stockholm, Sweden. Our location at the waterfront in Liljeholmen is the leading engineering site of (COMPANY NAME)'s Rail Control Solutions division with long experience of signalling technology.
Join us as a Reliability Engineer in Stockholm, Sweden.
Purpose of the Job
As a Reliability Engineer, you will perform a diversity of activities within the Safety and Reliability area throughout the whole lifecycle of our products and subsystems. We are looking for someone who will question our design to ensure that the products reach market with the best possible quality and reliability figures.
The Reliability engineer will apply engineering knowledge and specialist techniques to prevent or reduce the likelihood or frequency of product failures. As part of the requirements phase, the reliability engineer develops a test strategy together with the stakeholders based on reliability need and in consideration of cost, schedule and available resources.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Prevention of product failures by performing and providing guidelines for Reliability activities (i.e. Design for Reliability Plan, FMEA, Reliability test plan, Reliability test report and compliance statement).
* Support product owners and other engineers with Reliability activities to identify and correct the causes of failures related to the management of incidents, accidents and near misses.
* Plan, coordinate, perform, and execute all tasks required to achieve the project RAMS milestones: such, reliability prediction analysis, maintainability analysis etc.
* Work with project team to review, provide independent feedback and approve subsystem implementation in order to ensure the system and subsystem satisfy project and regulatory RAMS requirement and applicable standards
* Bachelor's or master's degree in engineering (Preferably Electrical, Computer Science, Applied Physics or similar).
* Proven record of relevant safety and/or reliability experience.
* Knowledge and experience in the application of safety and reliability assessment techniques (FTA, risk matrix, FME(C)A, etc.).
* Experience in the application of relevant software tools (e.g. DOORS, Fault Tree , etc.) will be considered a plus.
* Solid expertise in the interpretation and application of relevant standards, laws, regulation (may include EN 5012x, MIL-STD-882, IEEE Std 1012, CSM for Risk Assessment, etc.).
* Good understanding of product life cycle management and configuration management.
* Good knowledge and experience of time critical embedded systems preferred.
* English at a fluent level is mandatory for this role, Swedish will be considered a plus.
* Excellent social, communication and presentation skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
About (COMPANY NAME) Transportation
(COMPANY NAME) Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry's broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, (COMPANY NAME) Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, (COMPANY NAME) Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.