We are looking for an experienced full stack software engineer to join our Royalties and Reporting product area. The Royalties and Reporting product area at (COMPANY NAME) is based within the broader Financial Engineering mission. We are responsible for transforming billions of daily streams into accurate royalty payments that enable artists to live off their art. Royalties are at the heart of (COMPANY NAME)'s mission, which means that our team contributes to highly visible initiatives across the company. It also means that we have a duty to understand a large number of business domains and systems to know how we can best support (COMPANY NAME).
What you'll do
* Use your experience of the full stack to design intelligent solutions that includes backend and front-end systems
* You will work tightly with our design team to understand our internal users and iterate with them to deliver a good user experience across our systems
* Collaborate closely with a cross-functional engineering team, product designers, and product owners
* Take operational responsibility for the components that you write
* Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you with challenging tasks to solve and the freedom to acquire new skills in hack time, reading groups, lectures and a variety of internal training courses
Who you are
* You're excited about delivering end-to-end experiences and care about your software architecture across the backend, front-end and the APIs that glue them together.
* You are experienced in backend development and technologies such as Java or Python
* You are passionate about writing high-quality code
* You learn quickly and enjoy working closely together with your product team to bring value to your stakeholders
* You are passionate about what you do and have a high interest in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
More about RoaR
We are looking for engineers who bring innovative ideas from diverse areas, including distributed computing, system architecture design, networking and data storage, CI/CD, and many others. We expect our engineers to be collaborative, display leadership qualities, and be passionate about tackling problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
As a critical component of the business, we hold ourselves to a high standard of engineering excellence. We build systems that will survive for years in a constantly evolving landscape. We move fast without breaking things.
Operating at (COMPANY NAME) scale, means that we are always on the bleeding edge of data intensive computing. Working with hundreds of labels and publishers around the world, each with their own unique set of constraints, means that we are constantly wrangling high levels of complexity and tackling problems previously unsolved in the industry.
(COMPANY NAME) works extensively with Google Cloud Platform technologies such as DataFlow, GKE, BigQuery, and Cloud Pub/Sub, and builds on top of them with open-source frameworks such as Scio. Our team solves problems with Scala, Python, Java, SQL, Jupyter Notebooks, whiteboards, and sticky notes. We are XP and we are Agile, in a uniquely (COMPANY NAME) way.
As (COMPANY NAME) grows, we are always experimenting with creative solutions that will enable our internal and external users, and the artists that we empower, to grow with us. We are revolutionizing the music industry - want to join the band?
You are welcome at (COMPANY NAME) for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what's playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
(COMPANY NAME) transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world's most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users