The Platform department creates the technology ecosystem that enables (COMPANY NAME) to learn and deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to billion customers, and enabling our rapid employee growth around the globe. Our team consists of six organisational units that reflect the needs and groupings of our internal customers - from the shared approaches to supporting and aligning the craft and practice of designers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists - to the frameworks, capabilities and tools they need to do their work as effectively, quickly, and safely as possible. We are an amplifier for productivity, quality, and innovation across (COMPANY NAME).
What you'll do
* As part of our infrastructure teams you will build the foundation for our mobile applications and help (COMPANY NAME) engineers quickly understand the impact of their code changes, so they can deliver high-performing products to our end-users in a reliable and timely manner.
* You will help empower (COMPANY NAME) developers to innovate and iterate at scale by providing data insights and developing tooling for tracking and enhancing performance throughout the development process for mobile apps.
* Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music by building efficient applications for hundreds of millions of users.
Who you are
* You have several years of working experience as a Software Engineer with either C++, Java or Objective-C and you don't shy away from working in multiple languages and domains.
* You have a strong interest in mobile application development. If you have experience with iOS/Android, that would be a bonus. We also welcome you who are fluent in one or more programming languages and have curiosity to learn new technologies.
* You are familiar with the basics of building client-server applications.
* Having built data pipelines using Python, Scala or similar languages would be a plus.
* You have a high quality mindset and you seek to deliver clear, modular, maintainable code that will perform on many platforms and devices.
* The end-user experience, agile values and modern engineering practices are what drives you.
* Cooperation with other T-shaped engineers while solving complex problems is natural for you and you really want to make a difference.
You would work from our awesome headquarter in Stockholm, so if you don't already live here (COMPANY NAME) can help with your relocation.
You are welcome at (COMPANY NAME) for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what's playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
(COMPANY NAME) transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world's most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users