CHC Medical Lead
As Consumer Healthcare's Medical Lead, your mission will be to generate innovative medical insights that translate into the promotion of our CHC product portfolio whilst ensuring their appropriate use, to improve the health and the well-being of our consumers by finding healthcare solutions and services utilizing the highest ethical and compliance standards.
About the Business Unit (Consumer Healthcare):
At Sanofi Consumer Healthcare (CHC), our ambition is to be the best Consumer Healthcare business in the world. We are driven to serve healthier, fuller lives for the people by offering a wide range of solutions across four main areas: Cough & Cold, Allergy, Pain Care, Nutritional and Digestive Health.
* Evaluate & define a portfolio approach for Medical value creation at a local level, ensuring clear priorities are defined
* Promote scientific innovation opportunities across our portfolio through proactive cross-functional contribution to global strategic medical brand plans or developing local product strategic medical brand plans that align with brand direction
* Key activities include - developing insights / anticipating trends, identified & executing on science inspired innovation opportunities (claim enhancement, product development, life cycle management, medical evaluation of BD opportunities, local switch opportunities), scientific endorsement & stakeholder management, risk mitigation
* Promote a transversal 1-Medical culture at an affiliate level in accordance with efforts made by the CMO Office, through the local Country Medical Council
* Be able to anticipate and maximize medical value in clinical trials, registries and other initiatives including Rx-to-OTC switches
* Develop and lead the business unit clinical program by drafting protocols and contracting appropriate investigators and resource to initiate studies, undertaking the daily medical supervision of trials in their clinical phase, supervising their subsequent analysis and drafting clinical reports, as appropriate, so that the clinical trial program can be accomplished expeditiously
* Develop material and give the scientific training of esp medical representatives and any other CHC BU members to develop their understanding of the CHC products and relevant disease areas in order that they can sell effectively and with confidence
* Lead the Medical Input to specific Core Brand/Commercial therapeutic area(s)
* PV in order that prevailing legal and Corporate requirements are met
* Ensure providing medical information service
* Be responsible for medical budget management
* Be aware of social and policy trends affecting medical practice in self-medication
* Be able to build a network with healthcare professionals, policy makers and advocacy groups as applicable in the CHC perimeter
* Work in line with ethical and compliance standards and be the gatekeeper of them
* Provides leadership and direction focused on supporting the delivery of the medical objectives at country level
We expect the following skills/qualifications from our ideal candidate:
* Medical degree desirable; Scientific/health related degree (i.e. PhD) acceptable if supported by good experience
* Min. 2 years job-related CHC experience
* Advanced oral and written communication and presentation skills in English
* Fluent knowledge of Hungarian is a must
* Good understanding of the consumer health care pharmaceutical business
* A keen understanding of drug development and commercialization
* Demonstrated track record of building and maintaining a KOL network
* Experience in working across and building effective partnerships between business, Medical, and Regulatory
* Strong commercial acumen and strategic ability
* Ability to understand business needs in CHC perimeters (including food supplements, medical devices food for special medical purpose, and cosmetics)
* Autonomy within agreed projects, milestones (project management ability is a plus)
What we offer:
* An international work environment, in which you can develop your talent and realize ideas and innovations within a competent team
* An attractive, market-oriented salary aligned with your qualifications
* An individual and well-structured introduction and training of new employees
* Professional career opportunities in dynamically developing working environments
* As a globally successful and constantly growing company, Sanofi provides international career paths as well
* Company car
* Collective life and accident insurance
* Yearly medical check-up
Place of work: Budapest
In 2018 Sanofi was selected 'Pharmaceutical Company of the Year' by the independent professional jury of Medicina Forum.
In 2020 Sanofi Hungary has been awarded Top Employer and gained the Global Top Employer certification as well.
Sanofi is a global pharmaceutical leader providing healthcare solutions in more than 170 countries around the world with its over 100,000 employees.
Our footprint in Hungary is significant: in terms of domestic sales Sanofi ranks 2nd in the pharma industry and 21st in terms of total sales. We are present in Hungary for more than 100 years and now our close to 2,000 employees work in the fields of development, production, commercial operations and distribution on our four sites (Csanyikvölgy, Nagytétény, Újpest, and Veresegyház).
Thanks to our diverse activities in Hungary we not only offer innovative health solutions for treating diabetes, oncology and rare diseases, but also promote prevention and health preservation with our human vaccines. In the CHC segment we are market leaders in Hungary with our most popular brands of which products (such as the Algoflex product family, No-Spa, Normaflore, Pharmaton Vital, Magne B6 etc.) are widely well-known.
Visit our external career site for more opportunities and information:
This is our Sanofi. Discover yours.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all