Location: Sydney, Australia
About ThalesIn fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on (COMPANY NAME). (COMPANY NAME) is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
We're inventing the future, right here, right now, at (COMPANY NAME). We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. Talk to us about any support or accessibility requirements you may need and how we support flexibility in the workplace.
Wellbeing matters at (COMPANY NAME), and where possible we encourage a flexible work culture.
About Your Role
Opportunity to join our Tech and Weapons team in Ship Repair Services at Garden Island. As part of this traineeship you will be based onsite in Garden Island, Sydney 4 days a week and attend TAFE 1 day per week. There may also be the opportunity for some national travel. In this role you will:
* Assist with the repairs, installation, testing and commissioning of mechanical/electrical equipment and systems in surface and sub surface Naval vessels
* Perform fault analysis of commercial and military electrical/mechanical weapons equipment and systems
* Carry out repairs to electrical/mechanical systems
* Conduct non-destructive testing, thermography and vibrational analysis on Naval & Commercial vessels.
* Assist in installation of all types of naval equipment in shore and ship borne environments
* Successfully complete a 4 year Advanced Diploma of Engineering (Course MEM 6xxx2) or Mechanical Fitters Apprenticeship
How About You?
* Completion of an apprenticeship in automotive or fitting OR High school certificate weighted towards maths and science subjects
* Current Drivers Licence (or ability to obtain)
* Demonstrated mechanical and/or technical aptitude
* Well-developed communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment
* A strong commitment towards maintaining a clean, tidy and safe working environment
* A current NSW White Card (General Construction) is preferred
Good to Know
Application Closing Date is 8 September 2020
You'll receive an email acknowledgement after you've applied, (COMPANY NAME) strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit - http://wxx.xxxxxxx.xxx.xx/xxxxx/
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Prior to offer you'll complete a pre-employment police and medical.
For more information on (COMPANY NAME) visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
At (COMPANY NAME) we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With (COMPANY NAME) employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now